Star Power in the IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Power in the IRL

Has the IRL learned to support it's up and coming stars?

If Sam, and a certain extent Scott Dixon, does bolt for "Greener Pastures" has the IRL learned to move on and develope new stars or will it fall into the same situation of CART and the NBA to hope that an old star steps up to continue the popularity of the league. The driver spots that they have been running this year with Stephanie Seymore are a step in the right direction; however they way they are set up they need to be shown during viewing times that established fans are not watching (daytime, Saturday mornings etc.) to attract new fans. But again the profile I see most is for Sam and not the others. What about Tomas, Tony K, Felipe, Roger Y., Dan W., and if they can find a permanant home Alex and Bryan. As a baseball fan I have enjoyed the St. Louis and Kentucky promos very good steps in the right direction. I would also like to see the drivers visit local race tracks to tap into some of that fan base.

The void created would have about 4 drivers that can easily step into it but it is up to them, the teams and the IRL to market those drivers to do so.

BTW kudos to the following for advertising outside of IRL telecasts:
    Trim Spa for their marketing blitz, I noticed a Trim Spa car in the Busch race Saturday; however there TV ads were using the IndyCar and Greg Ray.

Honda for their AGR ads using the Indy Car in their ads and the ones with Mickey

AOL and their exclusives with Sarah following each race.

Craftsman and the AJ Jr, AJ 3 and AJ 4 commercials

And wish list commercials:
    Beer Ads or Don't drink and drive spots with AGR-Budweiser or Kenny Brack/ Team Rahal-Miller Lite

Purex and Robby Buhl-D&R showing how they clean the uniforms after a long hot day.

Target ads during regular broadcasts - If I have missed them already my fault

Helio hawking any product he can get his hands on

And finially thanks to Ozzy for letting everyone forget Gil's rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame
    Last edited by stymie; 08-19-2003, 07:51 PM.
    "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Re: Star Power in the IRL

Originally posted by stymie

If Sam, and a certain extent Scott Dixon, does bolt for "Greener Pastures" has the IRL learned to move on and develope new stars or will it fall into the same situation of CART and the NBA to hope that an old star steps up to continue the popularity of the league. The driver spots that they have been running this year with Stephanie Seymore are a step in the right direction; however they way they are set up they need to be shown during viewing times that established fans are not watching (daytime, Saturday mornings etc.) to attract new fans. But again the profile I see most is for Sam and not the others. What about Tomas, Tony K, Felipe, Roger Y., Dan W., and if they can find a perminate home Alex and Bryan. As a baseball fan I have enjoyed the St. Louis and Kentucky promos very good steps in the right direction. I would also like to see the drivers visit local race tracks to tape into some of that fan base.

The void created would have about 4 drivers that can easily step into it but it is up to them, the teams and the IRL to market those drivers to do so.

Trim Spa for their marketing blitz, I noticed a Trim Spa car in the Busch race Saturday; however there TV ads were using the IndyCar and Greg Ray.

Honda for their AGR ads using the Indy Car in their ads and the ones with Mickey

Beer Ads or Don't drink and drive spots with AGR-Budweiser or Kenny Brack/ Team Rahal-Miller Lite

Purex and Robby Buhl-D&R showing how they clean the uniforms after a long hot day.

And finially thanks to Ozzy for letting everyone forgot Gil's rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Aloha Stymie,,,

That's a Douple Bingo Winning Post,,, one of the big ones....

Congratulations,,,, Great, Easy, Informative Read,,,,

One question,,, to show my ignorance,,, again,,, Who the Flock is Ozzy Osbourn,,, ...

That's One Sick Puppy,,,, Was he a Rock Star ????

I've heard his name,,, even hung at ,,, Fillmore West,,,, Big Janis Day's,,, that's a while back...

That Guy's ,,,, Well Done,,,, Cooked...

The Guy Should be a Poster Boy,,,, for,,,

"Just Say NO",,,,

But you sure wired the rest,,,, great post,,, enjoyed it...
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Re: Re: Star Power in the IRL

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
      One question,,, to show my ignorance,,, again,,, Who the Flock is Ozzy Osbourn,,, ...

That's One Sick Puppy,,,, Was he a Rock Star ????

I've heard his name,,, even hung at ,,, Fillmore West,,,, Big Janis Day's,,, that's a while back...

That Guy's ,,,, Well Done,,,, Cooked...

The Guy Should be a Poster Boy,,,, for,,,

"Just Say NO",,,,

But you sure wired the rest,,,, great post,,, enjoyed it...

You been on the islands too long, BWH!!

The kids know him as the star of an MTV show, but we oldsters know him as the lead singer of Black Sabbath. And yes, I agree, not much of a brain left there. Ted Nugent said something similar recently, and it's one of the few things that I agree with The Nuge about. Well, that and gun control.
      "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

In case anybody missed Ozzy singing at Wrigley Field on Sunday, here is what it sounded like......Tache meeee oouthj;qnc tjio;qc
        nhaq
        Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
          In case anybody missed Ozzy singing at Wrigley Field on Sunday, here is what it sounded like......Tache meeee oouthj;qnc tjio;qc
          nhaq
          Don't forgget the fabulous finish. "It's uglkdfhsdhg..three srikes your out hadeot wortsdos sodfsfs gsosoe"

Frankly, Ozzie made Stephen Tyler's rendition of the national anthem sound like it was performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Comment

BigWheelHawaii,,, Thankyou for the compliment.

In the immortal words of the OZ man Thanksda.jsd yousdfasd sdfgsd dfs sdfg sdfg df
            "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Re: Star Power in the IRL

Originally posted by stymie

If Sam, and a certain extent Scott Dixon, does bolt for "Greener Pastures" has the IRL learned to move on and develope new stars or will it fall into the same situation of CART and the NBA to hope that an old star steps up to continue the popularity of the league. The driver spots that they have been running this year with Stephanie Seymore are a step in the right direction; however they way they are set up they need to be shown during viewing times that established fans are not watching (daytime, Saturday mornings etc.) to attract new fans. But again the profile I see most is for Sam and not the others. What about Tomas, Tony K, Felipe, Roger Y., Dan W., and if they can find a permanant home Alex and Bryan. As a baseball fan I have enjoyed the St. Louis and Kentucky promos very good steps in the right direction. I would also like to see the drivers visit local race tracks to tap into some of that fan base.

And finially thanks to Ozzy for letting everyone forget Gil's rendition of Take Me Out to the Ballgame
              Target runs an ad per half hour on the IRL TV broadcasts. They have one each for Scott and Tomas.
              Sorry...you must've been getting another beer or watching it live at the track

Comment

Re: Re: Star Power in the IRL

Originally posted by Ganassifan
                Target runs an ad per half hour on the IRL TV broadcasts. They have one each for Scott and Tomas.
                Sorry...you must've been getting another beer or watching it live at the track
                Ganassifan, I was probably geting a beer during the IRL broadcast ; I should have been more clear and stated that my wish lis was that they show them during regular broadcast outside of the IRL races

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X