Sam & Panther-just the facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam & Panther-just the facts

Let's look at the facts-Sam was signed last year by management group who represents Indy Car drivers (Andretti, Unser, etc.)-for those who did not know. He was worried about signing a long term deal before the season over engine concerns-he was correct. His new agent, I believe, convinced him that for him to become a "legend" (Sam's words at KY) he needed to be with someone other than Panther. This IS an Indy car driver. Thankfully for the IRL, he will be in the IRL. For us Panther fans----it won't be with them. **** shame. This is a "team" sport. Driver has great impact-but you can't tell me that this group, as a group, did not win two consecutive titles. With this said, my prediction, is AGR. Oh by the way, Sam's new agency/agent has represented the Andretti's for many years...........not hard to connect these dots...............

One problem if that is the plan, to become that legend you have to over shadow the owner. At AGR the A will always be for Andretti and Sam will always just be a driver for Andretti to the vast majority. if he goes to Penske, same thing, the Captian will always be #1, with Panther Sam was the focal point and the #1 star of the team. If Sam did it for the money I can't blame him, I don't like it since I love the combo with Panther, if he did it for any other reason I think he is in for an awaking when he plays #2 to the owner. Just ask all those guys that drove for Foyt after he retired.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

tough one to take isn't it. John Barnes and the rest of the Panther partners seem to be fine judges of talent. I have no doubt that they will pick a winner. It might be very interesting to see just exactly what Hornish can do without panther's set ups and what some other hot talent can do with them...

Comment

It's a team sport, and this team has excelled. Sam has shown himself to be the best driver, but how much of it is a result of the driver, team, and how much of it is a result of the team, and how much of it is a result of the combination of the two?

Next year will partially reveal the answer.

I am sorry to see them part company; they are the closest thing the IRL has seen to an unbeatable combination.
        If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by CrewChief
          One problem if that is the plan, to become that legend you have to over shadow the owner. if he goes to Penske, same thing, the Captian will always be #1, .
          That Mears guy seems to have done ok being overshadowed by Penske when it comes to being a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete
            That Mears guy seems to have done ok being overshadowed by Penske when it comes to being a legend.
            And he only had to win 4 500's to do it, and while yes he is a legend he isn't the legend Foyt, Unser, or Andretti were.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

And he only had to win 4 500's to do it, and while yes he is a legend he isn't the legend Foyt, Unser, or Andretti were.
              Yet Al Unser drove for Penske.
              "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
              Vice President, Marketing
              IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Whether or not someone is a "legend" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with actual performance. Pistol Pete was a legend, Kevin McHale wasn't. Doesn't mean he was better...

Foyt's "legend" status has probably dropped some since there hasn't been a successful second or third generation driver with the same name (so far) and he hasn't been a very successful owner. None of that adds to (or subtracts from) his actual driving performance.

Comment

Aloha Folk's,,,, from the Land of Sand, Sun, Fruit, and Nut's...

What time was that "Ship" scheduled to leave again ??? Some might want to check their schedule's,,, again,,,,,

Remember,,,,

Some of you are on Daylight Saving's Time,,, Some on EST,,, Some on EDT,,,, and Some on "Gomer Time",,,,

And a few of you,,, no use looking,,, you have already missed the "Boat" completely...

What was the price of Rice in China again ???

"Lou",,,, yes,,, Bud",,, "Who's On First,,,, Again".... LOL

I know why,,, Poo Bah's are Poo Bah's,,, and I am still just an Infidel,,, just a "fledgling" getting ready to leave the nest'''
                  Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X