Jayski on Hornish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayski on Hornish

More on Horish and NASCAR - Pretty Fast Dude: IRL driver, Sam Hornish Jr., who broke the record for the fastest IRL race at Kentucky Speedway on Sunday [197.897mph], is in the last year of his contract with Pennzoil Panther Racing. He has publicly discussed everything from moving to another Indy Racing League team that can boost his salary to defecting to NASCAR. Hornish, who is meeting with Panther officials this afternoon in Indianapolis, said yesterday that staying with his current team is one of his top choices. The 24-year-old is playing his decision-making close to the fire suit. He seems to wrestle with himself out loud when asked about his future. "On the other hand," he said after saying Panther is a top candidate, "I could've stayed in go-karts until I was 50 and won a lot of races, but is that what's going to make you the happiest?" He said his fans are split on what they want him to do. He said he only knows that he wants to be a racing legend. "Someday you hope to be a legend," Hornish said. "And you hope to associate yourself however you can to be able to put yourself there." When asked later about his other goals, he said: "Winning the Indy 500 is the top of my list," adding that he will definitely be at the race next year.(Lexington Herald-Leader)(8-18-2003)
    After reading this one, I'd be stunned to see him racing in the IRL in 2004.
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Most of the folks that I would personally rate as "racing legends", I don't recall them ever saying, "I want to be a racing legend."

Yeah, I can't wait for Little E and Jimmy Spencer and Kevin Harvick to let Sammy know what they think of a "racing legend"....

Comment

at least he'll be at I-500 next year.

Only one team is out there to get him to the top of his to-do list: Penske.
      You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

IMHO, he has not done enough over here yet to be a legend.

Does Jayski write for the Hearalded-Follower??
        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X