Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hornish, Panther Racing Parting After 2003 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornish, Panther Racing Parting After 2003 !!

Link to story at indyracing.com
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
    - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

shocking...i feel like something horrible has happened to a family member or friend...
    No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Say it ain"t so Sam
      I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

I feel like I could cry. If I hear that he's going to NASCAR, I definitely will cry.

Comment

Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Something about the way he skirted the issue yesterday made me worry.

Please, not CG....

Professor Joe
            Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Where ever he goes,he will get paid...............Be happy for him......I believe he will be in the IRL......My guess is AGR.

Comment

The question is...Who forked out the "Big Dough" Toyota or Honda. After Toyota's whinning yesterday me thinks Sam is off to AGR. But, maybe this was just a sideshow to throw us off the Chipsters track.

Whoever ends up at Penzoil Panther will have the best ride in the series if you ask me!!! That will be the most sought after ride a driver could get if you ask me!!!
                Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

It would be somewhat accurate to say Panther Racing, another IRL team and a NASCAR team are among my top three picks."
                  Ganassi and Penske have both denied he is going to sign with them in recent days. The only other option for the IRL would be Andretti/Green, but they can't readily provide him with a WC opportunity.

My guess now, and it makes me ill, is that he goes to RCR and the Nextel Cup next year.

Here's hoping I'm wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by SPM
                    My guess now, and it makes me ill, is that he goes to RCR and the Nextel Cup next year.
                    Hmmm.... That makes the RCR interest in Indy car racing suddenly more interesting. What if they are going Indy car racing to get Sam and running a large partial WC schedule with him? The only problem would be Pennzoil. They aren't returning to DEI (didn't I hear that?). So, what if Pennzoil is going to RCR to sponsor Sam in both series?

Hmmm....

Professor Joe
                    Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

John Barnes: “It was clear yesterday, when we won Kentucky, that this combination is the toughest in open-wheel racing today. But things change and sometimes people need to step out of a comfort zone and stretch a bit. We wish Sam the best in whatever he decides to pursue.”

I added the italics. What, right now, would be the biggest step out of the comfort zone--and the most potentially rewarding, especially financially?

I feel sick. Sam, please prove me wrong.
                      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                      --Danny Noonan

Comment

I think I am going to be sick. It has been
                        painful watching Sam handicapped by
                        60 less HP all season, and now, just
                        when it gets exciting, the best team in the
                        IRL breaks-up. This definitely puts a
                        huge damper on the rest of the season
                        for me. If Sam goes to NASCAR, then
                        I have lost all hope for indycar racing
                        in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe
                          Hmmm.... That makes the RCR interest in Indy car racing suddenly more interesting. What if they are going Indy car racing to get Sam and running a large partial WC schedule with him? The only problem would be Pennzoil. They aren't returning to DEI (didn't I hear that?). So, what if Pennzoil is going to RCR to sponsor Sam in both series?

Hmmm....

I can't think Chevy would be real big on one of there NASCAR teams with a startup IRL team stealing there best IRL driver from there best IRL team. If that was going to happen my guess is it would have been a combo Panther/RCR second team.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Hopefully, you are reading too much into that. Hornish / Panther are in a comfort zone, anything including another IRL team would be to step out of that zone.

Comment

I doubt if Cheap would be willing to pay him the big bucks. Cheap’s style is usually to get drivers that work “cheap.”

FWIW, I have a feeling he is Nascar bound. Like it or not that’s where the big dogs play and he’s a competitive guy.

The other option is probably AGR and perhaps that’s why Clarke with Honda seems so easy going regarding Sam’s domination yesterday. Imena if they are paying Dario $4 mil, heck Sam at 3 mil would be the deal of the century.
                              Last edited by AdamM; 08-18-2003, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X