Heard & seen at Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard & seen at Kentucky

Some interesting things from KY: (1)Haas has contacted drivers currently in the IRL for 2004-he does not want to bring his road racers to the IRL. (2)IPS car owner Brian Stewart trying to look at Wood's car in the garage area after their race- was restrained by a local deputy sheriff who threatened to arrest him for not "moving away"--horrible treatment by this Barney Fife wannabe. (3) IPS teams were told to be ready for 2 road races in 04 running with another series-best bet is Grand AM. (4) Former Reynard US CEO and current Lola engineer seen observing the event-stated they needed to ready for 04. (5) IPS driver Jeff Simmons is making a case that he is getting close to being able to compete in the IRL-he and Taylor are the ONLY drivers in that series remotely close. (6) Ganassi has till 9/15 to pick up Tomas' contract option---50/50 as to if that happens. (7) Autoracing1.com has always been anti anthing IRL-given their current musings over the weekend about the Pro Series race, IRL crowd, etc....makes one wonder if Pook is doing all the writing. (8) All doubts about Panther Racing being the best team, period, in the IRL should be erased from your mind by now. WOW!

duly noted

Thanks
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

(6) Ganassi has till 9/15 to pick up Tomas' contract option---50/50 as to if that happens.
      My "RUMOR" source says that Tomas will not be resigned and Chip is making a push for Sam to include Daytona and other one offs in NASCAR
      "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Re: Heard & seen at Kentucky

Originally posted by indyrace1
        (8) All doubts about Panther Racing being the best team, period, in the IRL should be erased from your mind by now. WOW!
        How many wins vs starts? I beleive Penske Indy wins total more then Panthers total wins. And many people wonder if this wasn't a Foyt win (Ed Carpenter) . I beleive Tony would/will sell his sole to keep Sam. Good yes, Best not yet.
        The 2006 Silver Crown Champ will be aFormer USAC Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by stymie
          My "RUMOR" source says that Tomas will not be resigned and Chip is making a push for Sam to include Daytona and other one offs in NASCAR
          An RCR, Panther connection can and WILL give him that same option as well as bringing another sponsor on-board to the IRL, creating a "one off" opportunity for Robbie Gordon and possibly a Kevin Harvick run at Indy.
          But that's just my opinion!

Comment

jetdoc, I agree with your statement. I just needed to add to the silly season RUMOR mill by passing on mine
            "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Re: Heard & seen at Kentucky

Originally posted by indyrace1
              All doubts about Panther Racing being the best team, period, in the IRL should be erased from your mind by now. WOW!
              No way. Penske is the best team in the IRL. Without a doubt without a questions. I might change my mind when Panther wins an Indy 500.
              "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X