Now, does Sam stay at Panther????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, does Sam stay at Panther????

I wonder when something official will be announced?

Has anyone heard anything?

Dave
    "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Sam, his lawyer, and Panther are supposedly meeting in Indy today.
    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Sam would be great on any team, but I think that Sam and Panther click. Sometimes it hard for the crew and the driver to be exactly on the same wavelength.

Panther is a great team, but not with the finances of Penske, Gannasi and AGR. I think it makes Sams achievements seem all that much better than if he was wilth Penske, Gannasi or AGR. One of the reasons I am a fan of Sams is because he is with Panther an orginal IRL team..
      I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

I would certainly hope so!

Now, does Sam stay at Panther?

Now if Hornish can lead a lap and be very competiitive at the Indianapolis 500, I think even he would be a happy camper!
        "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

FWIW, probably very little, Mark C. is rumoring that Sam will re-sign with Panther this week. He says the money needed will come from Tony George. In my view, he's half right. I believe Sam will come back with Panther but the extra money will be thrown in by Chevy. I don't think they invested millions in the Cosworth-Gen 4 deal to put all their hopes behind Buddy Rice and Vitor or whatever replacement Panther can find.

Here's what I see happening: Chevy signs Hornish to a personal services deal and then assigns those services to Panther. They also 'loan' him out to Childress for the Daytona 500 and perhaps another Cup race or two, maybe even a Busch deal this fall to get his feet wet. Chevy, Panther and Childress also announce a deal in which Panther and Childress form a partnership to run a second car to essentially team with Sam. It will run out of the same shop and Childress will be responsible for providing $X money while Chevy provides $Y money and Panther provides their share through building space and related resources. No idea who would drive the second car. Renna?

Comment

Wow Jim - I hope your right!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
              Here's what I see happening: Chevy signs Hornish to a personal services deal and then assigns those services to Panther. They also 'loan' him out to Childress for the Daytona 500 and perhaps another Cup race or two, maybe even a Busch deal this fall to get his feet wet. Chevy, Panther and Childress also announce a deal in which Panther and Childress form a partnership to run a second car to essentially team with Sam. It will run out of the same shop and Childress will be responsible for providing $X money while Chevy provides $Y money and Panther provides their share through building space and related resources. No idea who would drive the second car. Renna?
              This is what I believe will happen also. I would also expect Sam to get a personal services deal with the IRL/IMS that pays him generously to stay and help promote the league.

Comment

Maybe the delay from the original time frame is to finalize the Childress-Panther-Chevy details?
                You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

I hope you are all correct - that would be the perfect scenario !!!

Comment

I think Sam is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
                      I think Sam is gone.
                      it's official

Comment

Looks like I was dead wrong.

Comment

And a second to all of you who can't keep your typing fingers still long enough to let others of us read about it first.
                          One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Re: Now, does Sam stay at Panther????

Originally posted by diftw
                            I wonder when something official will be announced?

Has anyone heard anything?

Dave
                            I heard he's going to be named the next lead singer for Van Halen.

Comment

Unfortunately, this quote form Barnes does not bode well for Sam staying in the IRL

"But things change and sometimes people need to step out of a comfort zone and stretch a bit. We wish Sam the best in whatever he decides to pursue"

Sorry - No linkie poo (I'd get in trouble with the cross-posting gentleman's agreement)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X