Happy Hornish won but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Hornish won but....

Yesterday's race was a dud. Gosh I wish we could return to 2002. And while I am complaining Traffic in and out of KY Speedway just awful.

"Yesterday's race was a dud."

Might not have been a nailbiter, but it was more interesting than my other TV entertainment choices at 1pm CST yesterday.
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

No yesterday's race was not a dud, I was happy to see someone stepup and hand everyone there @ss. One caution period because of a blown engine/fire and not an accident, no mystery yellow for debris.

I feel for all of those that say there must be a .00000000001 finish for it to be exciting.
      Last edited by stymie; 08-18-2003, 08:23 AM.
      "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

I'm with Stymie here. I thoroughly enjoy when a driver, team, and equip. come together in a way to kick major booty. And a big plus for the no mystery yellow.

Comment

Did you watch any of the battles in the pack?
          Sam just had them covered yesterday and he had a point to prove to everyone .

Have you ever tried tailgating after the race?

Last year we rushed out and got stuck in traffic and it was terrible.

This year we hung out at the truck and cooked out and talked to others about the race.

It was nice to see and talk to several NASCAR fans who are becoming Race Fans who can enjoy more than just the stock cars

After we packed everything up we still made it back to Indy by 7pm.

We were able to drive out of the track with absolutely no traffic concerns at all. In fact it was almost just as easy to get out of the Speedway as a Wal-Mart parking lot on Christmas Day.

Next year join us after the race for a while.

What’s better sitting in your car not moving or sitting around eating and discussing racing with friends?
          Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 11-13-2004, 01:50 PM.
          I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

Panther and a couple of others nailed the handles on a very difficult and dangerous race track, not only have we returned to 2002 but we have exceeded it now that Chevy's inept failure has been "Cosworthed," we just haven't seen all we will see yet. Don't think we are better then last year, other then Richmond, the hard to race places have been much better then ever before, and Nazareth this coming weekend will continue the trend.

They ought to call this the "but" forum, as in "I loved this, but," can't we just be happy, why do we have to spoil our own fun.

I feel sorry for Kentucky speedway, there are reports that the place has never made a dime, and they are stuck with a sorry excuse for a track building effort that will take $millions to fix, and may be in court for years, only to have the contractor belly up if they lose.

Comment

Sam really took everyone to the woodshed but if you could have seen the other battles for position, it proved to be an entertaining race. I understand TV didn't really show many of the other battles. Too bad.

We do get spoiled in this league.....

Dave
              "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

Most drivers saw a lot of yellow, but ONLY APPROACHING in their mirrors!!! That probably made it feel like they were going backwards more than forward.

What a win for Sam...Now we just need to get Buddy Lazier and Sarah's problems ironed out.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race from our seats near turn 4. A little hot, but lots of fun!

Thanks to the IRL Ministries for the CREW invite for food after the race!!!
                Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Happy Hornish won but

As a rookie at the Ky Speedway and with all the people talking about the horrible traffic problems I was was anticipating the worst. I must say that we had absolutley no problems. We arrived about 11 am and parked in the general parking behind turn one. After the checkered flag we walked back to our car and left the parking lot without a single moments delay. After we entered the traffic flow coming out of that lot we never stopped once. It took us less than 10 minutes to reach I-71 South at exit 55. I was amazed.

I must say it was a very enjoyable day and for those of you that have never been to the Ky Speedway, it is a beautiful place to watch them run. I don't think there is a bad seat in the place. Even with Sam's domination it was a great race with plently of close racing back in the pack. Can't wait until next year.

Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions about parking. It really worked out great.

Comment

Re: Happy Hornish won but

I parked at the house across the highway from the track for $10. I got out in no time!

Compare this to my two other trips to KYS, which resulted in 2 hour delays getting out of the track lot both times.
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
                      I feel sorry for Kentucky speedway, there are reports that the place has never made a dime, and they are stuck with a sorry excuse for a track building effort that will take $millions to fix, and may be in court for years, only to have the contractor belly up if they lose.
                      Hmmm. I've never been to Kentucky Speedway, I must confess, but I know people who have, and they've all said the facility is pretty nice. There are some problems with the track surface, yes. It's a new track! Nashville had to be reworked a couple of times before it was fit for racing, and Texas pretty much had to be redone from scratch.

So what precisely are the problems at Kentucky? I've heard something about "weepers" being an issue, but heck, "weepers" in one and two have been an issue at Milwaukee forever--there used to be a creek that ran there, IIRC--and we're all looking forward to going racing there, no? I sure am.

If there are problems at Kentucky, they will be fixed. Andy Vertrees is a pretty sharp operator and he will make sure of it. I ought to know, I used to work for him.

The only unfortunate thing about the existence of Kentucky Speedway is that one heckuva neat short track, Louisville Motor Speedway, had to die for Kentucky Speedway to live.
                      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

A masterpeice is never a dud, imho!
                        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Sam was fantastic to watch. I didn't think the racing was stellar, but it was nice to see someone from the Chevy camp in victory lane. Same was awesome through turn 4. There was an obvious bump there and he dealt with it flawlessly.

I stayed at the track for an hour or so after the race and took 71 towards Louisville in order to bypass traffic. It took us less time getting back to Indy than it did driving to Sparta.

Not a great race-race but watching Sam thump the Toyota's and Honda's, and doing it in his own backyard was awesome! The track itself is nice too. My plans are to go next year and get grandstand tix.
                          http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy

A masterpeice is never a dud, imho!

Boy,,, That's a Great One,,,, PHJ,,,

I Like That One,,,, Bingo,,,, Good,,, No,,, Great Out Look....
                            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by lutesk
                              I'm with Stymie here. I thoroughly enjoy when a driver, team, and equip. come together in a way to kick major booty. And a big plus for the no mystery yellow.
                              Dead right. Enjoy an artist at work with everything in sync, it does not often happen.
                              "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X