Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dixon's sour grapes may just be that he is worried....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon's sour grapes may just be that he is worried....

that Sam will be his teammate next year and there will be no speculation as to whether they have equal equipment. Nothing would threaten his F1 dreams like a little shy corn-fed boy handing him his jock week in and week out.

Of course he doesn't want to attribute it to Sam's driving or his ability to communicate feedback from the car to the engineers.

If the engine had so much power, why did Dixon have a faster top lap during the race than Hornish. (Ok, I'll give you that Sarah had the fastest lap. Maybe that hurt Scotty's feelings?)

Fastest Laps
    1. Fisher 219.413
    2. Dixon 218.634
    3. Hornish 218.545

Need I mention that Dixon had the best trap speed on the front straight, by a wide margin?

1. Dixon 223.4
    2. Fisher 220.9

Sam's advantage must be all horsepower. Right.

Shut up and race, Scott.

...I don't think Scott's worried about Sam possibly being his team-mate next season.

I think Scott's generally p!ssed that he had his @$$ handed to him today by Hornish hands down and that he had nothing for him.

The impression I got today was that Hornish & his attorney are ready to sit-down with Panther and get a deal ironed-out.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

FWIW, I thought Sarah drove her *** off today.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
        Did she have a long pit stop near the start? What happened to her. Obviously, she was fast.

Comment

Now that's a lot of drivin'

imho
          "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird

imho
            That's bad, but funny
            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Naughty, naughty.

I was watching Ms. Fisher the last 20 laps (since Sam had it covered).

She easily caught the group in front of her--Sharp, Roger, and Rice. She passed Roger, but then she tried to take Sharp and Rice in one move, and lost momentum (and her position to Roger).

She nearly took two of them under the checkered flag.

Her pit stops, and the first few laps of each fuel run, are where she struggled, IMO.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

imho

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I watched her set up and pass a Marlboro car. That all by itself is impressive.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Re: Dixon's sour grapes may just be that he is worried....

Originally posted by Snakepit
                    Of course he doesn't want to attribute it to Sam's driving or his ability to communicate feedback from the car to the engineers.
                    I think this is a valid point. I confess I don't religiously follow F1, but what I gather is that it is almost entirely political, and full of posturing by the drivers...who are under constant pressure to perform, and who despise their teammates. Dixon strikes me as a F1-type personality, for some reason. A guy who believes his press clippings a little too much, yet who stands to make millions as long as he is uncontested. He's talented, but not nearly so much as he thinks he is, IMHO. Would be quite interesting to see Dixon saddled with a Gen III at a track like KY or TMS.

Just my $.02

Comment

Too many Marlboros does slow one down
                      Live like Dave

Comment

I was also impressed with Sarah's driving. I'm almost sure she passed both of the penske cars. Her crew let her down though. One of the pitstop dropped her 3-4 positions. come to think of it, all of her pitstops cost her positions.

Comment

It was deFerran. Happened right in front of me. Couldn't believe it. Thought it was Robby at first.
                          www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Cosmoose, are you any relation to Canadian SCGT superstar Hunge De LaMoose?
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I think the moaning and whining are coming from both Dixon and Cheep. They are sour grapes and prunes.

Maybe Toyota can give us a one-off engine--Chip Ganassi

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X