Article: Honda's Clarke says engine wasn't the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Honda's Clarke says engine wasn't the difference

Unlike several of those here and at other sites, Honda's Robert Clarke understands why Hornish and Panther ran away with the event. "If you look at the in-car cameras, that team has something special with its handling because Sam never moved the wheel," he said. "Everyone else was just fighting the wheel, especially with all those bumps in the track."

Some verbal sparring between Hornish and Dixon also. Hopefully this will add a little spice for the rest of the season. Sounds like Dixon doesn't like Sammy having equal equipment.

Indy Star Article
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

...I liked this part;

>>>Robert Clarke, general manager for Honda Performance Development, said Hornish deserved to win, and not because of his engine's horsepower.

"If you look at the in-car cameras, that team has something special with its handling because Sam never moved the wheel," he said. "Everyone else was just fighting the wheel, especially with all those bumps in the track."

Dixon sharply disagreed.

"There's no way his car was superior in handling," Dixon said. "If you're Toyota or Honda, you'd be pretty p- - - - - right now."

Hornish didn't appreciate Dixon's opinion and similar ones offered from the Toyota and Honda camps. He thinks they're overlooking his team's strong performances earlier this season with Chevy's inferior engine, not to mention the past two IRL titles and the eight other victories.

"I guess the wins they got this year were with a horsepower advantage, too," he said. "Whenever somebody else wins a race it's how great of a driver they are. When I win it's because (the IRL) gave it to me.

"It's not like some no-names went flying by them. If I'm in their head, that's good."

...this is the kinda stuff the IRL needs, nothing like a little 'head-games' between the drivers.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Yes, Sammy, you are certainly in their heads. Like Tomas said in an earlier race "where is Hornish, where is Hornish." Tomas sounded like a little high-school beeaatch, and Dixon is starting to sound like one as well.

Gawd I love watching Sam and the Panther boys whipping up on the big boys like AGR, Ganassi, and Penske. Sam is becoming the "intimidator" of the IRL.
      "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

I was there today and it was very obvious that Sam's advantage was in the turns. I think he would have had a fine finish today even with the GENIII.

Comment

Scott Dixon is the first driver in the long list of IRL drivers that I really can't stand. I hope Hornish beats his arse as long as he's in the IRL.:mad:

Comment

Don't forget - part of a successful series is having good guys and bad guys. Just ask the Rev.

carl s
            Indio, CA
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Tell it like it is, Sam!!!!

"I guess the wins they got this year were with a horsepower advantage, too," he said. "Whenever somebody else wins a race it's how great of a driver they are. When I win it's because (the IRL) gave it to me.

"It's not like some no-names went flying by them. If I'm in their head, that's good."

...gonna be a fun end-of-season!!! Now, all we need is to have Sarah go flying past Dixon and it's gonna get really fun!! Other than the AGR boys, he's about the only one that didn't experience the 2002 Sarah (a la MI & KY). Even if you're not a Sarah fan, you'd have to like that!!!
              "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan
                Yes, Sammy, you are certainly in their heads. Like Tomas said in an earlier race "where is Hornish, where is Hornish." Tomas sounded like a little high-school beeaatch, and Dixon is starting to sound like one as well.
                HeHeHe. That is almost signature-quote material there!

Maybe those Ganassi boys would like some cheese to go with their whine?
                One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
                  Don't forget - part of a successful series is having good guys and bad guys. Just ask the Rev.

carl s
                  Indio, CA

That's good, because then we don't need a Tracy now--we already one in Dixon.

Hornish is right to be peeved at that guy. Then again, if I was Dixon, I guess I'd be sh*tting bricks too, now that I didn't have a 60hp advantage.

Would love to see him trailing the F1 field in a Minardi next season.

Comment

Clarke sounds like someone confident the new factory-built Engine Honda's bringing next year will have, ahem, no performance problems...
                    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                    --Danny Noonan

Comment

Clarke sounds like a guy trying to convince Sam Hornish to come drive one of his cars.

Comment

I usually skip the signature lines, but that was too good:
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent_the_Lazier_fan

Would love to see him trailing the F1 field in a Minardi next season.
                          Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! that is cold!!!
                          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for sarah to go flying by dixon, unless it's flying by to the back to take up her spot in front of foyt.

Comment

JoeBob i think your right....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X