Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did Dixon and the other T&H Driver's Expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did Dixon and the other T&H Driver's Expect?

"I don't know what the problem is," Hornish said. "When you look at the rest of the finishers, it goes Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Toyota. It's about as equal as it gets. We worked so hard on making sure that our setups are what they need to be. We were running equal to them when we were 60 horsepower down. You've got to expect that when we get the 60 horsepower back, we're going to be a little bit quicker than they are. We won five races last year; it's not like we're just some no-names who got a new engine and went out there and won."
    Well said. Hornish was able to keep up on power tracks this year even with the boat anchor Gen III Chevy. Now they got equal power, of course you would expect them to be faster.

Excluding Hornish, the fastest Chevy was Buhl in 7th place and Rice in 11th. Not exactly dominating performance from the other Cosworths.

Dixon and the rest of them need to work on their chassis and driving skill if they expect to beat Hornish now.

well they might have expected an engine approved for three years wouldn't be replaced with a new unit halfway through the first year.

Whatever perceived "complaining" you're hearing about is better known as "lobbying" in Nascar.

Let one have an upgrade and watch the others start positioning themselves for their own.

Get used to it
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

I'll deal with the complaining if it brings popularity to the IRL as it did to NASCAR.

More whining, more talk, more publicity, more attendance, better ratings, take down NASCAR.

Well, maybe the last part is stretching it a little.
      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

"quick get me some beads"

Panther has had a few years to gather setup information

and couple that with H.P. and Fantastic SAM no wonder it was a

runaway .. Keeping the lid on the lobbying is going to be a test

for B.B & T.G. .. enough with the record stuff , closest this and

that , report on racing ..... save the records for the 500.

thumbs up.. back to Milwaukee ... Cart finding buyers and a reduced schedule and elliminating ovals except for Milwaukee.

thumbs down: Cart keeping a Mulwaukee date .... J.J. Yeley not signed to an IRL team for 2004 as of yet.... cookie cutter tracks ..... hot weather for many 2003 races , Kansas City for one...

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
          well they might have expected an engine approved for three years wouldn't be replaced with a new unit halfway through the first year.
          Gen II was phased in last year, with one team choosing not to run one at all.

Infinity introduced a new engine, at least once, midway through a season.

If I am not mistaken, one of the current three engine suppliers, that isn't Chevy, was allowed into the league for this season after the cut-off date, and their engines are made by a company owned by another auto manufacturer.
          One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Exactly...
            If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by KC RACER
              thumbs down: Cart keeping a Mulwaukee date ....
              What skin is it off of your nose? Speaking as a Wisconsin race fan, I don't see any possible way that two races can be bad.

Comment

what 'bird said!

Comment

"More whining, more talk, more publicity, more attendance, better ratings, take down NASCAR. "

Funny that NASCAR should make this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                    "More whining, more talk, more publicity, more attendance, better ratings, take down NASCAR. "

Funny that NASCAR should make this thread...
                    He ain't the only one that does it, Howard...
                    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

"Now we expect to be given equal consideration. I think I'll give the IRL a letter requesting that we be allowed to bring in a new motor. Immediately."

Lee White
                      "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

"Now we expect to be given equal consideration. I think I'll give the IRL a letter requesting that we be allowed to bring in a new motor. Immediately."

Lee White
                        How many horsepower is the Toyota down from the Chevy? Chevy was down about 60.
                        "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                        -John Morley

Comment

Lee White
                          As far as I know there is only one (there were 2) unbadged engine that has not been submitted. Chevy did not redesign an engine. They took an engine that had been submitted and got it badged. Seems like as if Toyota or Honda has one option.

Is there anyone here that really believes that Toyota is down on Horsepower? Dixon at the end was running the same speeds as Sam. Sam was more consistant and got through traffic better.

Toyota can cry all they want, but the one thing they don't have that they need is Sam.
                          I would think by now that this administration would have a clue as to what it takes to get the job done. So, Get-er-done!!!!!

Comment

It's a litle early to cry about the new 'Chevy' engine. It's just been made available to all teams this past week.
                            If it has an advantage, I expect the IRL will make concessions to the H & T teams.

Yes, Sam ran away from the field in Kentucky, but that was just one race.
                            If it happens again and again, I expect a reaction from the tech committee.

The sky is not falling Chicken Little, it's just the corks flying from the champagne bottles in the Team Panther garage.
                            "When the music stops playing, Roger Penske will always find a seat"
                            Danny Sullivan

Comment

Sunday Sam would have run away from the field with a Toyota or a Honda.........
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X