X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let beat the T & H runners to it....

BUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You know we are going to hear it.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

They've already been legislating..........
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

It's really no big deal. Scott Dixon and Gil de Ferran have dominated several races this year, and no one argued to penalize Toyota.

There were more Toyotas(5) and Ilmors(3) in the top ten then tere were Chevies(2).

The top three were Chevy, Toyota, and Ilmor.

Seems pretty equitable to me.

The results weren't all that different, except that Chevy won. Sam and the Panthers proved the last two years that they are the team to beat. Sam did quite well in his last three races in the Gen III Chevy.

Quit whinning.
      If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Sam is great!

"I feel bad that they feel that way, but I don’t feel bad about winning.”(About the Chevrolet engine): “We didn’t sit there and whine when I was 60-horsepower down at the beginning of the year. I don’t know what their (other drivers’) problem is. It is about as equal as it can get right now. We have worked so hard on making sure that our setups are where they need to be. We were running equal to them at 60-horsepower down at six races this year. They have to expect that when we get that 60 horsepower, we are going to be a little quicker than they are. We won five races last year, it is not like this is the first time we’ve ever won. We are not some no-names who got a new engine and went out there and won.” -Sam Hornish, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIndyFan
          We were running equal to them at 60-horsepower down at six races this year. They have to expect that when we get that 60 horsepower, we are going to be a little quicker than they are. We won five races last year, it is not like this is the first time we’ve ever won.
          I agree with sam, but T and H are gonna play this out. That is why I was so pissed at the IRL for doing things the way they did. I think Sam could win with any engine, but I have a feeling T and H are gonna cry until they get some special treatment.
          "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
          Vice President, Marketing
          IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
            I have a feeling T and H are gonna cry until they get some special treatment.
            I agree and I don't agree. Someone far more pragmatic than I am pointed out to me that without GM, there simply would not be an IRL. SO... it is not surprising to see the IRL give them a little help.... basically stretching their rule book to the breaking point to get GM competative. HOWEVER... Other makes were indifferent (T) or downright hostile (H) to the IRL within the last 18 months... so they simply WON'T get the same kind of treatment that Chevy got.

I'm sure the IRL doesn't want to make a habit of helping our GM, but this time they did what needed to be done. When Toyota or Honda has proven to be a good business partner for Indy racing over the long haul, they might need some help too.... and THEN they might get it.
            "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
              I agree and I don't agree. Someone far more pragmatic than I am pointed out to me that without GM, there simply would not be an IRL. ...
              Actually, if you go back to the first year, there wouldn't be an IRL without FORD.

Now, in 2003, without FORD there wouldn't be a Chevy!
              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
                Actually, if you go back to the first year, there wouldn't be an IRL without FORD.

OUCH!!!

J. Michael Ringham

Comment

Originally posted by Spike

....boy, that's gonna leave a mark.

Not here, not here, but right here.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Chevy.

Like a rock.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I don’t understand what all the Honda & Toyota driver's are complaining about (their manufactures don't seem to be complaining yet!).

Hornish and Panther won because of their great chassis setup and Hornish's driving. As Hornish said after today's race, when they were 60 hp down, they could keep up because they had the right chassis setup. You would expect them to be faster once they got the 60 hp back.

If you exclude Hornish, the faster Chevy IV was Buhl in 7th, and Rice in 11th, with a bunch of Honda's and Toyota's in front of them.

Comment

What's the difference between:

Chevy introducting a new engine, in mid-season, built by another company...

and

Infiniti introducting a new engine, in mid-season, built by another company...

and

Honda introducting a new engine, after the approval cut-off date, built by another company?

All you guys whining about Chevy... hush up!

And I am not even a Chevy fan. (but I'm even less of a Toyota anc Honda fan)

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
                          I think Sam could win with any engine, but I have a feeling T and H are gonna cry until they get some special treatment.
                          Why? Because the league's best driver won in convincing fashion?

Sure, they'll P&M about it, but the practice, qualifying and race results don't show anything extraordinary. Buhl should've won at KY in 2001, so his run wasn't surprising. Fisher loves this track, so her fast race lap isn't a shock either. Unless Cheapster and his lackies have some solid statistical evidence that Toyota is suddenly in danger of being a backmarker, I think if I was Barnhart I'd get a pair of earplugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent_the_Lazier_fan
                            Why? Because the league's best driver won in convincing fashion?
                            No, Because the league's best driver won in convincing fashion and he wasn't driving a Toyota or Honda.

If BB tells them to "shutup and Race", he will regain my respect.
                            I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

PS, I think T & H will have the Drivers whine first, then you will hear things coming out of the teams, then the nameless engineers will have something to say before the top dogs at T & H say anything negative.

J. Michael Ringham

Comment

The only problem Toyota has is one of their lead drivers reads his press clippings and believes too many of them. He thinks if he loses, the winner must have cheated. How else could they beat him, the greatest gift the IRL has ever received from CART!
                              "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X