Driver Of The Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Of The Day...

My pick: Buddy Lazier... after seeing the in car camera of his steering input.
    Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

True.

Honorable mention to Al Unser, Jr. for driving the whole race in 4th gear.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Bubby Lazier for being brave enough to go wheel to wheel with AJ, and banging wheels with him too!
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Re: Driver Of The Day...

Originally posted by aratapuss
        My pick: Buddy Lazier... after seeing the in car camera of his steering input.
        Man, that car was pushin like a dump truck and then when he got it corrected it would go loose on him. Great drive by Buddy in an ill handling race car. It's a shame he can't get a good handling race car. Maybe it's time they asked for help.
        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
          True.

Aloha All,,,,

It is almost unbeleiveable,,, how a team can "Loose" the handle on one of these cars...

Set ups done with a feeler gague,,, no rulers, need apply
          Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

MAN-O-MAN...I could not believe what Lazier was having to put up with when they went to his in-car shot. I thought it was bad when they compared Hornish to Kanaan, but this was a whole other league again!!

Handling-wise, Sam was driving driving a Lotus Esprit while everyone else was driving 1950s pick-ups.
            "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

I couldn't believe the vibration in the steering. I'll bet his hands are hurting. I really wish the team could get with it because they look totally lost right now. I don't think it's the driver.
              Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

What about Brian Herta? Started 13th, finished a strong 3rd.
                If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Re: Re: Driver Of The Day...

Originally posted by dog-ring
                  Man, that car was pushin like a dump truck and then when he got it corrected it would go loose on him. Great drive by Buddy in an ill handling race car. It's a shame he can't get a good handling race car. Maybe it's time they asked for help.
                  A dump truck wouldn't push that bad. He!! a tractor trailer with a dry fifth wheel wouldn't push that bad....not even on an icy road.

It hurt just to watch him try to corral that monster around the race track.
                  Buddy's hands had to feel like hamburger.
                  Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
                  Thomas Sowell

Comment

Buddy Rice had a couple of close calls coming out of two... they showed one on TV... saved it both times.
                    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
                      True.

I haven't seen Al drive that hard in years. He looked really racy. I didn't realize until after speaking to a friend when I returned home he didn't have 5th or 6th. Great drive.

Dave
                      "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

All three mentioned here had a really good day considering their problems. Al and Buddy take the top spot and probably Buddy #1. I'll bet he is nursing some harry blisters on his hands today. This is why I hope Hornish leaves Panther I want to see what he can do in a bad or mediocre car. He has never driven anything but the best.
                        sa

Comment

Panther wasn't the best until Sam got there. They were an OK, but not great team until his arrival.

I'm sure PDM, who Sam drove for in 2000, would be happy to know that they are "the best".

Comment

Originally posted by TxIndyFan
                            I talked to Brian at the airport, seems like a nice guy and he was pleased with the effort.

Good job, Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIndyFan
                              I was thinkin the same .... good job Herta!
                              http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X