Richmond was a blast last year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond was a blast last year.

This is another one of the dates on the schedule where you just look at it and get giddy with anticipation. It was a pretty darn good race (although not the best) and the field was all really tight in qualifying, and Buddy Lazier looked like he worked pretty hard thet night. I can't wait for vol. 12 @ RIR.
    "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

I wonder if the drivers will be giddy with anticipation? Cheever looked a little confused after his crash last year. He wasn't even sure about which turned it had happened in. I think I would be a little confused too - those are some quick laps!

Comment

Hey rrrr!
      Did we have a good time at Richmond , or what!
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

I agree, Richmond was a blast but I hope they open a few more concession stands this year.
        Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Comment

Most of the concession problem lack year was caused by a larger than anticipated walk-up crowd. Extra stands were opened twice in the last few hours before the race went green.Shouldn't be a problem this year.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: jandj ]
          “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
          I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
          I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Originally posted by jandj:
            <STRONG>Hey rrrr!
            Did we have a good time at Richmond , or what!</STRONG>
            I'm good to go again. Had a great time, even though it was too d*mn hot in that aluminum cereal bowl during the day.

I see the Silver Crown cars are running again, that was a darn good race last year. Aaron Fike pressured Brian Tyler into a mistake with five to go, and became the youngest SC winner in series history. Fellow named Jeff Gordon used to hold that honor.

Let's go racin!

Comment

My dad and I are planning on going again. A fun trip is to go to williamsgrove on friday before. Its a decent drive on saturday to richmond, but the sprinters are worth it.

And the SC race was one of the best.

Comment

Because the IRL now longer races at my home track, LMS, Richmond was the closest race to me last year, with the possible exception of Atlanta, which I could not attend.

I agree that Richmond was a blast. However, there were not enough concession stands, and relatively few souvenir trucks.

I made a big mistake Friday, and thought because I watched practice and qualifying under the grandstand shade at the start/finish line, I had taken enough liquids. Wrong! I learned my lession and drank enough Saturday.

The only autograph I got in the Friday autograph session was Fisher's. Her line was that long. In the infield Saturday, I got autographs from Greg Ray, Mark Dismore, and Buzz Caulkins. I got to talk to Sam Schmidt, Bob Lazier, and Reba Fisher. I was surprised at how close the teams let us get.

A lot of people in this forum bash Greg Ray. He is not my favorite driver, but I was hoping he would get medical clearance to race after Friday's crash, which was right in front of me. Despite his understandable disappointment at not being allowed to race, Ray was signing autographs and talking to fans. I really respected him for that.
                quote:
                "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

I'll be there.
                  DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X