Homestead ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestead ???

I sure hope that the new configuration (the third **** one!) still allows safe IRL racing.
    To have no race in Florida is not smart marketing at all.
    Plus, I just made my reservations at the Marriott! )

Hopefully there will be some testing prior to the event - yeah - that mistake was already made , wasn't it?
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

...apparently there is a combatability test set up for October to see how the Indycars will react to the new track configuration.

The turns are said to have 3-different degrees of banking....18 degrees at the bottom, 19 degrees in the middle and 20 degrees at the top.

Brian Barnhart & the IRL's concern is how the downforce created by Indy cars will be broken as drivers move across the varying banking.

>>>"You don't want to break that seal," Barnhart said. "The hard part now is the unknown. Am I concerned? Yes. But we won't know until we get down there and run on it."<<<
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Remember, Texas was originally a dual-banked track and the IRL ran on it before the track was re-configured for NASCAR.

IMO, the IRL HAS TO figure out a way to have this race, if not we could be faced with only 2 races in 13 weeks to open the season

Comment

...for the climate in most of the nation at that time of the year, the schedule is screaming Las Vegas.

Unfortunately NASCAR 'beat 'em to the punch' with their date.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

parabolic banking is nothing new, I don't expect it to be an issue, it only goes up one degree a step and after the "CUP race the transitions will be smoothed out. The real problem is that it becomes a "New Hampshire" with banking The track has long straightaways, with the banking keeping the speeds up, that sucker will be very fast. IndyCars will be ok, and they are building in the SAFER, but I suspect that NASCAR, in trying to "fix" their racing (what's new), will have made it worse. That entrance speed, coupled with that banking and Goodyear "willpops," could be ugly.

Comment

Before Bruton Smith bought it Atlanta used to be two straights and two wide high banked ends and a 1.5 mile distance. There were a few CART races there in the early 80's.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X