Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Dixon live to regret that statement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Dixon live to regret that statement?

During Scott's interview after the race, he stated that "...we were out to get as many points as we could today and Sam's not in the points chase so we did alright today..."

Sam's now 70 points out of first and moved from 7th to 5th in the points.
    But that's just my opinion!

I'm sure if the IRL officials have their way, he will.
    relax

it's only politics

Comment

My prediction is yes.... and baffle, how many times this year has sam been threatining for a top 3 finish before the yellow came out right after his pit stop? Take a closer look.

Comment

Re: Will Dixon live to regret that statement?

Originally posted by jetdoc
        During Scott's interview after the race, he stated that "...we were out to get as many points as we could today and Sam's not in the points chase so we did alright today..."

Sam's now 70 points out of first and moved from 7th to 5th in the points.
        Sam is going to figure into the championship fight for sure.
        The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

...Scott acted as though he has some thoughts on the Chevy engine deal, though he stopped short of opening that can of worms.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I'm afraid Sam is just too far back. He won't be able to pull it off unless the other guys have some really bad luck. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is going to take some exceptional circumstances.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
              ...Scott acted as though he has some thoughts on the Chevy engine deal, though he stopped short of opening that can of worms.
              Yes he did and you know what? He's a "Class Act" for it. Let the powers that be deal with that. He has no control over it and he knows that so why bich? It would serve nothing for him to do that. I said halfway through the race that I guarantee you that Lee White has already summoned Tony George. I see no problem in allowing GM to buy an (ALREADY APPROVED PRIOR TO THE SEASON) design to even the playing field. However, now that we've seen what they're up against the league MUST ALLOW Toyota & Honda to "develop" the parts of their engine that we ALL KNOW are already on the shelf waiting to be installed. IMO, the league MUST do this!!
              But that's just my opinion!

Comment

77 back with 4 to go is a ways to go but not impossible for Sam and the Panther Team!
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I honestly can't remember when, but I thought one of the TCGR guys was quoted as saying that Toyota would have something special for Chicago. You can bet that neither Toyota or Honda have been sitting back waiting for Chevy to catch up.

The most impressive thing about the Chevy Cosworth to me is it's reliability. Cosworth must have spent a fair amount of development time on this design, not just left it gathering dust on the shelf. Strong and durable, still seems a little short of the others on fuel economy though...

Comment

I, along with others, were able to interview some IRL drivers when they tested at Nazareth last week. I asked Scott what he thought of the new Chevy engine. His comment MIGHT be in my report, due out this week, on www.openwheelracing.com.

Comment

While at the michigan race, I overheard thomas on the scanner waiting to know where Hornish was at. Another win at nas, and I'll bet the zlander will be asking the same thing. I think the boy is just warming up.

Comment

[i]and baffle, how many times this year has sam been threatining for a top 3 finish before the yellow came out right after his pit stop? Take a closer look. [/B]

OUCH! I think that pretty much sums
                        up the merit of the conspiracy theories...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                          I'm afraid Sam is just too far back. He won't be able to pull it off unless the other guys have some really bad luck. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is going to take some exceptional circumstances.

You're probably right, but if he even
                          picks one more position off, it will be
                          a mighty accomplishment!

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                            [B His comment MIGHT be in my report, due out this week, on www.openwheelracing.com. [/B]
                            I was tempted to bookmark your site until I poked around some and read the bigoted editorials that had nothing to do with motorsport.

I'll wait and look for Dixon's comments elsewhere.

Thanks anyway.

Gus Levy
                            www.nitronic.com/burningmotorhome/
                            Gus Levy
                            Life Of William Davis Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by jetdoc
                              I see no problem in allowing GM to buy an (ALREADY APPROVED PRIOR TO THE SEASON) design to even the playing field.
                              The first mention of this design being approved wasn't till Chevy was about ready to write the check. Is there any evidence (old quotes) prior to CHevys interest that say this engine was approved, but it only needed a badge? I don't believe there is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X