X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Indy Racing Association

Looks like a rear-engine midget series.

http://formulaindyracing.com/index.htm

They used to be called the The Midwest Mini Champ Racing Association. Their next races are at Rockford Speedway (IL), Lake Geneva Raceway (WI), and Columbus 151 Speedway (WI). There is not much information there. Does anyone know more about this series?

A picture of one of the cars linked...

http://www.jeffsteenbergen.com/pictures.htm
    (slow site)

Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

that big lump infront of the seat makes it look like a side-breathing front engine ??, but the whole package at least gives the impression they are striving to make the ladder to IndyCars.

Comment

Re: Formula Indy Racing Association

Here's a pic...

Gus Levy
      www.nitronic.com/burningmotorhome/
      Gus Levy
      Life Of William Davis Montgomery

Comment

Think we could road race them?
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

now there is something that might work, what kind of engines to they use. Leave it to the great racers and fans of Northern Illinois and Wisconsin to come up with something like that.

NO RIGHT TURNS, EVER, unless it is on dirt, where you turn right to go left

Comment

This series would have to be operating with IMS' blessings, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the word "Indy" in their name.
            "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
              now there is something that might work, what kind of engines to they use. Leave it to the great racers and fans of Northern Illinois and Wisconsin to come up with something like that.

NO RIGHT TURNS, EVER, unless it is on dirt, where you turn right to go left
              Per their site, 600 2 stroke snowmobile or 750 4 stroke motorcycle engines. I'd like to see the "Legends" concept applied in this way with 1200cc Yamahas.

Comment

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan
                This series would have to be operating with IMS' blessings, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the word "Indy" in their name.
                Thats not true, IMS owns the name Indycar. Indy is just a generic nickname for the city of Indianapolis.
                Preserving America's oval track tradition:
                1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Mission Valley Speedway in Montana with a similar class.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

Originally posted by cmjc80
                    Thats not true, IMS owns the name Indycar. Indy is just a generic nickname for the city of Indianapolis.
                    Well, then...I stand corrected!

Actually, I should have thought of the CART events outside the U.S. that have "Indy" in their names.
                    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X