Now I will talk about short fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I will talk about short fields.

Everyone here has taken their shots at the short fields and the reasons for it, I won't go there. Instead I would like to point out that for 75% of the season, with the exception of Sam at a couple of places, the field has been a lot shorter then the number everyone whines about, because the Chevy teams never had a chance. Therefore, IndyCar has been running with a true 16-17 car field. Today won't be perfect, there may be a glitch or two with some of the Chords, due to not enough team testing and electronics woes, but today we will have our real IndyCar back and it should be a heck of a race.

...good point.

A shame though that already 1 Chevy team has had to pack-up & go home without running the race.

Final results after the race will go a long way in answering questions about a certain few teams, at least make the picture a little clearer as to whether the problems were only motor-related.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Let's give D&R, The "Buddies" etc. more than a race or two to get back to competitive racing.

I own a Honda tractor, Honda lawnmower, Honda Del Sol, Honda Accord and a Honda 1100 Shadow, but I am rooting for Chevy today.

Robbie Buhl winning, that would be nice...!
      Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

Comment

Good point

Quality not quantity.

two cars can make a good race
        May is now in session...

Can I get 500 posts by raceday?

Comment

There is talk about the "bumps" in the track. Will those "bumps" have anything with shortening the field today? Can we expect some type of "disaster"?

Comment

Originally posted by THEWALLISMYENEMY
            Good point

Quality not quantity.

two cars can make a good race
            That's true. However, it's very hard to sell that to fans. A big time series should not be struggling to put a sufficient number of cars on the track. It makes it look like nobody care about competing.
            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Almost every team has a chance to win this race!
              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X