X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL Website / TV spots Graphics

Since this image has appeared in two different threads today,

I'd like to ask this question.

How many of you feel that the "Dymo Label Maker" graphics used here, on the website and in the TV spots look cheap and "unprofessional"?

Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind this marketing strategy?

jcr

That is the font used in all of the IRL's marketing campaigns and materials.

Maybe it is "edgy" kind of like the blurry photos they're so fond of.

Comment

"How many of you feel that the "Dymo Label Maker" graphics used here, on the website and in the TV spots look cheap and "unprofessional"? JCROCHE

Well, they look good from a distance.
      I think the first wife had the same commentary about me.

carl s
      Indio, CA
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
        Well, they look good from a distance.
        I think the first wife had the same commentary about me.

carl s
        Indio, CA
        LOL - carl s - don't even get me started in that direction!

But just think about it.

As an entity seeking a corporate sponsorship, whether you are the IRL, Joe Littleguy seeking sidepod signage or just Bob from Podunk trying to expand his business what kind of response do you think you'd get if your presentation was made with a "DLM"?

While the graphics may be intended to reach a certain demographic, how will they play with corporate America? What you put out for the public is how you will be perceived.

JMO

jcr

Comment

...actually, I kinda like the "Dymo Label Maker" graphics.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I do too. It's almost X games like. That's the demographic that they're trying to appeal to now. Future fans ya know.
            But that's just my opinion!

Comment

OH Yes,,, How Rich,,,

Using Dyno Markers, as Logo's,,, Oh that is so Artsy,,, so "Modern", so Picasso like,,, how quaint... After the use of Dyno Markers, as their logo,,, the Web Site, maintains that same "quaint" motif, and then spirals right into the "crapper",,,, big time...

Then I saw a IRL ad on TV, using the Dyno Markers, as a logo... Again, it's So Artsy... Who ever designed that logo,,, just lacks commercial talent, imagination, taste and/or commercial illumination.... Who ever thought that up, doesn't have the "taste", to tell the difference between, Hot Dog's, Hot Peppers, or a Hot Deal...

Let's remember, an "Artsy Approach to Life" is not one of the "George Families" strong suits... Just remember, Mom's Hair Doo, at Indy this Year... I learned something, big time, right there... This last year, was the "Worst" of the Worst".... Little did we know, but that was a Clue,,, a "Marker in the Sand", about the IRL, and the status of it's Nonexistent Promotional Deptartment... Zero,,, nada,,, zip... Oh yes,,, That Was Such an Artsy,,, Hair Doo... Mom should just go on the "Oprah" Show, for one of the "Hollywood Makeovers"... Lucky there's still one Duck left in Indiana, that should of scared the "Quack" right out of them... No Duck in his right mind, would risk a chance encounter with anyone, wearing a Hair Doo, like that.... That sounds cruel, really not ment to be,,, but it's just factual... No One is in charge of "Promotion", that has enough taste, to tell the difference between a Hershey Bar, and a Dog **** with Nuts... What kind of an idiot, would allow a woman to go on TV, looking like Phillis Diller in Drag.... We are trying to "Sell" an Image, in a tuff market... OK OK,,,, She's not a Beautiful Woman,,, that's not the point... The point is... She,,, nor we can change that, but one can change the "Presentation".... same with the logos... That's why "Rich" people, are over all, better looking, than "Poor" people...

That may sound a little cruel, not ment to be, but you get the point... No one is driving the "Promotional Bus", that's evident, it's on Auto Pilot, and headed for "Dead Man's Curve... Thank God, the "Product" is just so dam' good...

Take the Crapper Wagon Web site logo,,, that's killer,,, you get the point right off, and it sticks with you...

I just bet if you check further into this, one of the George Girls, is in charge of the "Nonexistent Art Department", and Dog **** with Nuts, Web Site...
              BigWheelHawaii
              Insider
              Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-17-2003, 05:00 AM.
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X