Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 day race weekends for 2004

Sounds like that is the plan, from Ken Ungar:

"One of the things that we are working with, and we have spend a lot of time on, with input from our owners, teams and sponsors, is that we would really like to, because of the hectic pace of the schedule, move to two-day events, similar to here at Kentucky and where we were last weekend. From a cost standpoint, that it something that we are very concerned with, controlling costs for our teams. Every day that you are able to save them money at the rate that going from a three-day show to a two-day show does is good for us to do. It definitely helps in going through that span. We hope to do as many two-day shows as we can."

What do you think?

Personally, I like it.

Link

saves on motel rooms
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Don't these two day events make the days a little hectic for the teams. Squeezing everything into two days seems to be pushing it for time.
      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Got some news for ya! They used to do the whole show in ONE DAY, back when the racing was so much better, and the drivers would race in other types of events the day/night before.

Comment

Does this mean they will put the Infiniti Pro Series races back to the morning of the Indy Car race instead of the day before?
          If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Are there any shows with Nastrucks, Silver Crown that would require 3 days
            Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by richie
              Does this mean they will put the Infiniti Pro Series races back to the morning of the Indy Car race instead of the day before?
              I hope this is the case. I was severely disappointed to find out that IPS will be running on Saturday, the day before the finale in Texas. I refuse to buy a truck ticket to see a race I should have seen in the first place.
              Indianapolis Motor Speedway - "Racing Capital of the World"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X