X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Alert,,, The Big One,,, 10:00 EDT

Knoxville,,,

10:00 EDT,,,,

I though it was live,,,, ??,,,, Maybe it is ???

But It's,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ONE,,,,,,,,,,, of the,,,, Big Ones,,,, for Me,,,

Dam' IRL has just spoiled racing for me..... Now I have at least 20 "Big Ones" each year....

Use to be simple,,, Daytona,,, Indy,,,, Us Nationals,,,, Winston,,,, Bellville,,,, Eldora,,,,Knoxville,,,,, now what a mess....
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Bump...

BWH, It is indeed live on Speed, at least that's what good ole shirll voice Ralph Shaheen said tonight on Speed news!

Comment

Heads up, it's on in about 15 minutes, on Speed Channel!
      relax

it's only politics

Comment

... make that about 30 minutes
        relax

it's only politics

Comment

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

They're still trying to get the "B-Main" started. There's some heavy hitters in the "B".
            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy
              They're still trying to get the "B-Main" started. There's some heavy hitters in the "B".

Not a smooth flow to the show,,,, they are having a hard time,,,,, an't they...

Carl not well,,,,,, not good,,,,
              Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-16-2003, 09:43 PM.
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
                Not a smooth flow to the show,,,, have a hard time, an't they...

Carl not well,,,,,, not good,,,,

How about the look on his face,,, the King,,,, I may of tried to write something about that once,,,,,

A little Knoxville Story,,,,,

A Short Story for J,,,

About six years ago I was headed to Knoxville, I was coming from a weeks stay at Sturgis, on my bike... I layed up in the "Bad Lands" for a couple of days after Strugis, just to "heal up", and "thaw out" a bit...

I was on the gas all day, just clicking'em off,,,, trying to make Knoxville before night fall... I would have to set up the Harly "Hilton", no rooms in Knoxville, ever... And I wasn't going to commute back and forth to Des Monies, after the races each night... And it's no fun, setting up the "Harley Hilton" after dark, so I was watching the clock... It was only 650 miles or so,,, kind of a light day, that's the first thing, that got me in trouble... I finally got to Des Moines, but only a couple of hours of daylight remained... I had just been dallying alone, all day, not paying attentention to business... I think, I had better get a room, and make Knoxville proper, in the morning. Besides the weather looks bad, dark clouds, with a lot big "Boomers" in them... That's also no time to be setting up camp "Harley" at Knoxville... So I pull over at the first motel I see,,, "no rooms at the Inn",,, try two more,,,," no room at the Inn".... I can't beleive this, this is Des Monies Iowa,,, not Plam Springs... This can't not be due to the Knoxville Nationals, even if there are 50,000 in attendance, so I ask... "No,,, no,,, it's also the week of the Iowa State Fair"... Iowa State Fair,,, so what, it's Iowa,,, I figure.... But after 3 no goes, I decide to just beat it to Knoxville... I Turn down,,, I think it's 35 south,,, man the weather don't look good.... Wish I had the time back, that I wasted earlier in the day, all that dilly dalling around... I get down to the Knoxville turn off,,, and head east, the weather looks even worse... I take the cut off, east to Knoxville.... Man it's just getting BLACKER ,,,, big boomers ahead,,, then the rain hits, then hail,,,, then ice and snow,,, then frogs,,, then elephants,,,, and what a lightning show... Oh boy,,, it take me over two hours, to go sixty miles in that storm... I have to stop,,, road flooded,,, then I have to empty my boots,,,, then I just can't see,,, then I can't stop shaking,,, then I can't stop crying,,, I mean it is rainning, buckets... I finally make it to Knoxville proper,,, and the rain stops just as I pull into the main drag... The storm has pasted, all that is left is a ton of flooded streets, and mud......... Trees are down,,, mud,,, slop on the main drag,,, parts of the streets flooded.... It's a mess, and so am I...

I finally stop, after a couple of passes, then pulled the hog right up on to the sidewalk, next to a concession park... I get off the hog, this is the first time, in the last two hours", that I have gotten off that hog, that it wasn't rainning, lighning, and hailing... I am RIGHT in front of a Corn Dog Stand, I figure the guy will squak, about me blocking the sidewalk... I am just beat, and beat up, I don't need his action, at this point in time... Boxes,, trash,,, mud,,, garbage cans all scattered around the street, and concession stand area, the whole concession park was a mess... But at least it an't rainning... I walk over to say something to the man, I am just freezing cold,,, soaked, and I want some coffee too... I will also apologize for blocking the sidewalk, but the street is flooded, I can't park there, and in that much mud, the kickstand won't hold it...

He's says fine don't worry about it, the nights business is shot, already, anyway... Then he ask's if I just rode through that storm, that just hit there... Then he is "real' encouraging,,, he says,,,, "you look like sh_t"...

Thanks,,, I needed that, but that's just how I felt, too... Then, like adding insult to injury,,, he ask's if I have a room in Knoxville for the night... For just a second I get pis_ed... No,,, I don't,,, but I start to cry... No, I didn't have a room, and I am just beat, so maybe I will just spend the next 6 hours at the Bowling Alley... The man that owns that, has been a friend in the past... That's the longest, short day,,, I have put in, in a long time, on that Hog....

Now this "Angel" says,,, "If you don't already have a room, buddie,,, you look so bad,,, you got a room now,,, if you want it.... I say what. it a little after midnite, and I got a ROOM ???

He has an extra room, but just for the night, what a "savior".... He calls the one motel located in town, says that I will be right there, and you will know who this guy is, when you see him.... Free Room,,, No Charge,,,, more important,,, DRY....

That night, I stripped naked, well almost naked, outside the room,,,, I couldn't walk in, I was stilling "dripping".... I would not smoke in that room,,, and that next morning, after I got back from the laundromat,,, I left the room in "New" condition... Got the gals to change the lien, and do a special job on the bathroom, with brand new "Big" towels... I inspected the room, before I went back to the Corn Dog Stand,,, for "Brunch", and to thank my new Angel....

He wouldn't take a dime... The room cost was almost fifty, I checked... He still wouldn't take a dime... So in the next couple of days,,,, I get Jeffer Swindler,,, Sammy Swindler,,, da Dude,,, and the King,,, all to sign personal photos, addressed to him... I would of loved, to keep da Kings picture, and I also had Jeffer and the King sign a Racing Champions 1/24 Sprinter Collectables I bought, at a street fair vendor... I had those both "signed" for him... He was very happy, and I was very happy doing it... It cost me about double, what the room would of cost, but that's just fair, an't it... He was willing to lose fifty bucks, or won't take the fifty for the room.... So,,, his fifty,,, and my fifty,,, to match his,,, made one hundred, that's about what I sent, maybe a couple of cents more......
                Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-16-2003, 09:58 PM.
                Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

...good story BWH.

Race fans are a special breed are they not?!

Comment

Now,,, Race Fan's that a Race,,,

Well Oh Boyyy OK OK OK,,,, King,,,, Stick it on THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the dog won't be back here for 3 weeks onw,,,, Here comes the KING,,,,,

Da De Dude,,,, Da De Dude,,,,, Can Tony Pick em,,,, What a show
                    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

...outstanding win by Lasoski....busted shock and all!!

Comment

ui

Originally posted by indyracefan
                        ...outstanding win by Lasoski....busted shock and all!!

An't that juswth Cat's Quick Change Unit,,,,,,,

Now some in "Tweed Coat Crowd",,,,

Rear Engine,,, Rear Engine,,,

They can just stick the rear engine, in their REAR Engine,,,,,,

Is Tony a Racer,,,,,, or WHAT,,, but a potty mouth,,, taking lessons from me,,,,, Me Thinks.... LOL

God I Wish I was There,,,, No Stuck on Devils Island....

Does Steve and Sammy come to life,,, when there get near each other,,,, gas and a lit match...

And the Jeff Swindell Wing Dance,,,, What a Night,,,,

Replay in a Couple of Hours,,,,,,

Me go get a couple of bottles wine,,,, a brick of cheese,,, and call a couple of the Birds up,,,, and they can bring the Chicken and Rice this time....
                        Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-16-2003, 10:50 PM.
                        Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

Re: ui

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
                          An't that juswth Cat's Quick Change Unit,,,,,,,

Now some in "Tweed Coat Crowd"
                          rear engine,,, rear engine,,, they can just stick the rear engine in their REAR,,,,,,

I sTony a Racer,,,,,, God I wish I was there,,,, no stuck on devilsw isnland

I can also sympathize with your '" God I wish I was there,,,, no stuck on devilsw isnland" statement as I once lived in the Caribbean...a rock in the middle of the ocean is how I felt sometimes.

Comment

Another classic Knoxville Nationals! Kenny Jacobs was outstanding finishing 3rd!

Only one yellow and Danny got a great restart with 2 to go with the broken shock.

It was neat to see Kinser and Swindell duking it out tonight.!
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy
                              Another classic Knoxville Nationals! Kenny Jacobs was outstanding finishing 3rd!

Only one yellow and Danny got a great restart with 2 to go with the broken shock.

It was neat to see Kinser and Swindell duking it out tonight.!

...what a great Saturday night all the way around.

I don't fell a bit bad about spending the whole night watching the Knoxville Nationals on SPEED while talking racing on the computer.

God it's great to be single again!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X