2004 ABC Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 ABC Races

I thought it was interesting that Ken Unger mentioned that in the 2004 races broadcast by ABC, the window will be expanded by 30 minutes per event to allow more pre and post race interviews and such.

Maybe all the screaming around here does do something.
    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Re: 2004 ABC Races

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
    Maybe all the screaming around here does do something.
    What does something is all those commercials Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Firestone, Pennzoil and 7-11 have bought.

Moving the IRL towards the industry standard for sports... a 3 hour broadcast... is a great thing, IMHO.
    Last edited by LorenzoBandini; 08-16-2003, 09:47 PM.
    "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This is indeed very good news!
      Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Substantive and good!
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

About time ABC....to think they might have turned their back again on something that will turn into a giant motorsports monster
          RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

Good news from the partner for a change. Do we know how many exciting, great IRL races are going to actually be broadcast on ABC next season?

Comment

somehow though we MUST torpedo Paul Page
              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

On Yahoo platinum video coverage I think ABC was trying out some new graphics. It looks like they are going to try to have a bubble with the driver's name in it to show who they are in real time (probably with GPS or something). Kind of the stuff that I have seen Fox do with 900 pound gorilla.
                  The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

you won't see that kind of thing until the technology is such that the "box" can fit in an indy car. that's why it's not used right now. it's a little easier to stick a "box" in a stock car than in an indy car. they're small comparatively speaking, but need to be a little smaller to fit in an indy car. who knows, maybe it'll be ready next year. cross your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                      On Yahoo platinum video coverage I think ABC was trying out some new graphics. It looks like they are going to try to have a bubble with the driver's name in it to show who they are in real time (probably with GPS or something). Kind of the stuff that I have seen Fox do with 900 pound gorilla.
                      I thought so!
                      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X