• Show
Clear All

• Crazy idea while I'm waiting for quals to begin

A REAL IROC

JJ Yeley vs. Helio Castroneves

3 races:
    • 1 race on dirt in a sprint car,
    • 1 race on a permanent road course in an IRL car,
    • and, to settle it all, a 100 miler on a superspeedway in an IRL car.

Helio gets 30 min. practice time on the dirt. Tony gets 30 min. practice time on the road course. Both get 20 min. practice time on the superspeedway.

Have them all over the course of a 3-day holiday weekend, all in the same region of the midwest so it's a pretty easy drive for the fans to get to all of them.

$1,000,000 purse, winner take all.

Fire away.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Throw Tony Stewart & Gil in there for good measure.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Make it real interesting- give 'em all one day of practice at each type of track and car.

You know what I think would happen? You'd be surprised at how competent Helio is on dirt (again, with a day of practice) and how competent JJ is on a road course (again with that day of practice).

Why? The bottom line is each of these guys are REAL drivers and could probobly adapt pretty well with a bit of seat time.

The results? JJ wins on dirt; Helio on the road course; and a toss up on the super-speedway. Assuming, of course, the cars are equally prepared.
      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

I agree, Hardscrabble. I think these guys would accept the challenge of stepping out of their comfort zones with gusto.

Oh, and throw Kinser in there, too.

Comment

Hee, hee, hee.

Gil & Helio

Tony & JJ

Kinser

Now let's just get Schumacher and Juan Pablo and we'll have a REAL race of champions.

Comment

No Sam?
            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Absolutely Sam!

Comment

Re: Crazy idea while I'm waiting for quals to begin

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan
                A REAL IROC

Have them all over the course of a 3-day holiday weekend, all in the same region of the midwest so it's a pretty easy drive for the fans to get to all of them.

Fire away.
                Do you realize you have somewhat described the old Indianapolis "Tripple Crown" of the late 60's?

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.5 mil3 in May.
                The Indianapolis Raceway Park 2.5 mile roadcoarse in June.
                The Indiana State Fairgrounds 1 mile dirt in September.

Run one - Run all - Ah, those were the days.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X