Car #2 - contact T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car #2 - contact T2

This from T & S. Anybody got any details?
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Looks like a case of a car trimmed out for top speed and one too many bumps in between 1 & 2.
    The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

That sucks he was blistering fast 2day.

Comment

They do have a backup ready to fit the Gen IV. Wonder if Vitor's OK.
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

The question is.....How bad is the damage? And is Vitor unhurt?
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Vitor has a broken wrist and is not cleared to drive.
            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Today is the first day in two months that I could hook up to the live feed, the only thing dependable about yahoo is their ability to charge my bank account and continue to offer lame reasons and blame others for me not getting what they are charging me for.

That said, the coverage is awesome. It looked to me that Vitor, who according to TSO, was complaining about trouble with the bumps anyway, just got into one of them wrong and lost it. The car made flat contact with the left side and may not be too bad, I am sure it will cost a bunch, but I think they lost front and rear suspension pieces, the front wing and perhaps the rear. Vitor looked to be ok and was darn fast.

Regarding the live feed, it is awesome, the audio is wonderful. I don't know who is on the PA system, but he is doing a great job. I only wish they would scroll the speeds from T&S.

Those are some butt ugly bumps, it is good that they "fixed" them, expect more trouble and carnage. No wonder TSO is reporting most wing angle ever and speeds under the track record.

The racing surface looks butt ugly too, full of grinding spots and patches, Kentucky Speedway does indeed have a big problem, and they have never made a dime.

Comment

Will Menard put someone in the car if Vitor is unable to race?
                IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

So do you load up or go get Jaques? I'm sure he's there. He's got no contractual ties to anyone and I'm sure he'll get over being fired if there's a drive in it for him.
                  "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                    So do you load up or go get Jaques? I'm sure he's there. He's got no contractual ties to anyone and I'm sure he'll get over being fired if there's a drive in it for him.
                    I am sure there are a handful of drivers there that Menard could use, John Menard has reversed decisions before, and Jaques didn't burn the bridge, who knows. Vitor does appear to be out.

Comment

Team Menard had that car rockin. I am concerned the team only had access to one Cosworth. Is this true, or are they pulling out a Menard Gen III (almost as good as the other engines).

Comment

My guess is that Vitor was heading for the wall, and kept his hands on the wheel. And with Vitor higher up on the speed chart than he's been all year. My sympathies, arf2
                        "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Tom Wood had a big crash in the IPS race as well:

http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0816/1597386.html

Wood stable, has pain in ankles
                          Associated Press

SPARTA, Ky. -- Tom Wood was in stable condition after crashing during the Indy Racing League Infiniti Pro Series race at Kentucky Speedway on Saturday.

Wood was awake, alert after crashing on the 51st lap of the 67-lap Kentucky 100 and being airlifted from the track by helicopter. He was taken to University of Kentucky Medical Center and had pain in his right and left ankles, IRL medical services director Henry Bock said.

The 46-year-old Wood, from Calgary, Alberta, crashed after his car and the car driven by Brandon Erwin touched heading into the third turn.

Comment

Not that it matters but Wood's car got loose and the back end was coming around before the contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
                              I am sure there are a handful of drivers there that Menard could use, John Menard has reversed decisions before, and Jaques didn't burn the bridge, who knows. Vitor does appear to be out.
                              Too bad for Vitor. Jacques would be the smart choice, but hey, it's John Menard, so it probably won't happen.
                              "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X