X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpenter To IndyCar for Chicago

FYI

http://www.pdmracing.com/

"Infiniti Pro Series driver Ed Carpenter was officially entered today as the driver of the PDM Racing Dallara for the Delphi Indy 300 in Joliet, Illinois on September 7th."

Last edited by STAND E; 08-15-2003, 07:26 PM.
    Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

This will be interesting. Ed has the talent, I think. I hope.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Am wondering, what was he able to bring, that Jimmy Kite could not, if that is the case? Or maybe it is his step dad?

Comment

Gen 4 power.

Comment

This is a great day, an increase in cars entered. This counters the criticism of others that the IRL is in trouble with car counts. And I don't care who he is related to, I think he is a capable driver.

Another plus, the feeder series has produced 2 Americans.

Comment

Side pods suggest he is sponsored by CART.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
              This counters the criticism of others that the IRL is in trouble with car counts.
              So 22 instead of 21 cars will shut the critics up? I doubt it. The field is still too small for the tastes of many around here (myself included). Or am I missing other entries?

I agree that Carpenter is the real deal... an American and a short track driver, to boot! Yet he still doesn't make my top 5 list of drivers that should get the opportunity he is getting. I'd rather see Jimmy Kite in the car at Chicago.

I think if the IPS can continue to put a driver or two a year into the IRL it will go a long way towards making it a successful feeder series.
              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

The small car counts are because of the 12 or 14 former IRL cars that are not in the field again. But why are they not here? The lack of funds to buy the new chassis and engine packages. There is still a lot of potential teams out there, but the economy is holding them back. Not the lack of interest.

Comment

Why the flack because of who his father-in-law is? I don't recall an uproar about Al Unser Jr., Michael Andretti, John Andretti, Ned Jarrett, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X