Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What announcement?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What announcement?

    "Ken Ungar, senior vice president of business affairs for the Indy Racing League, will make an announcement at noon (EDT) Saturday, Aug. 16 in the media center at Kentucky Speedway."

    Sup?

    Gus Levy
    www.nitronic.com/burningmotorhome
    Gus Levy
    Life Of William Davis Montgomery

  • #2
    Indianapolis Home Gazette - August 15, 2003
    "The Gazette received word today that Ken Ungar's much-anticipated announcement will reveal that Hustler Publisher Larry Flynt has purchased the fabled Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

    Construction of a condiminium complex will begin immediately after the conclusion of the US Grand Prix in September.

    George Bush has applied for the position of manager of the complex as soon as his re-election bid fails in 2004. Bush, in a terse statement from Camp Exxon, is quoted "I always wanted to own a condom."


    Sorry Gus, the devil made me do it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Would Ungar be the guy to announce the schedule for 04?
      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

      Comment


      • #4
        My guess would be that they are announcing next-season's schedule... although my hope is that they are announcing a second KY date.
        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

        Comment


        • #5
          It's probably to announce that because CART did not make an announcement this week, there will be no need for the IRL to respond. Also, everyone's socks are safe.
          Proud to be a complainer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Intresting.

            Comment


            • #7
              My guess would be the 2004 Schedule.
              The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                My guess would be the 2004 Schedule.
                If it's anything else, I'll be surprised.
                Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They are announcing next year's schedule:
                  Same as this year's schedule: except
                  Season is a bit longer: Homestead Feb 29 - Texas Oct 17
                  Add Milwaukee Jul 25, which means Michigan has to move slightly
                  Pikes Peak moves to August to avoid the USGP
                  Gateway is off the schedule, but could still get put back on.

                  Pretty dull really. No Vegas. No road courses.

                  And they've asked the chassis builders to produce road-course update kits, even though there are no road courses on the schedule. Guess that's all part of the "Keeping the costs down" policy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There will be many announcements today,

                    Starting at 9am Tony Stewart will be introduced as the driver of the third Gannassi car .

                    9:11am Billy Boat and the #98car will return at Fontana.

                    9:15am Michael Andretti will drive the #7 7-11 car starting at Naz.

                    9:22am Dan Davis will be let go by Ford.

                    9:23am Ford will rejoin the IRL in 04. But, will stay in cart so it doesn't die and cause the irl to be a foreign Road racer refugee camp!

                    9:29am John Menard will enter three cars next year, Drivers will be Alex Barron, Robby McGehee, and Memo Gidley, Vitor Meira has left for a test ride will Minardi, a forth and fifth car could be added because John is a Billionaire!

                    9:33am Sam Schmidt returns with Honda power and Davey Hamilton and Jaques Lazier.

                    9:36am J.J. Yeley will be announced as RCR's driver!

                    9:40am Larry Foyt will be added to the Foyt team due too nascar asking him to leave there series, so kyle petty's team can use some provisionals!

                    9:45am Tony George say's NO to road course's.

                    10am Practice starts.


                    Well I really think it will be about next years schedule! But, i think it will have a TBA on it!
                    Keeping You Alert Since 12-01-2000!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YellowShirt
                      They are announcing next year's schedule:
                      Same as this year's schedule: except
                      Season is a bit longer: Homestead Feb 29 - Texas Oct 17
                      Add Milwaukee Jul 25, which means Michigan has to move slightly
                      Pikes Peak moves to August to avoid the USGP
                      Gateway is off the schedule, but could still get put back on.
                      If you are more accurate then you usually are, that means I win a TJS, the last one I have open. That would be the one I-5 never dared to take, the one that I said that there would be no road races on the first issue of the 2004 season schedule. I directed it to him and suggested he take me up on it, but all he does is talk. I-5 tells us every year that there will be 2 or 3 road races on next years schedule, and he tells us that every year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RacerX
                        There will be many announcements today,

                        Starting at 9am Tony Stewart will be introduced as the driver of the third Gannassi car .

                        9:11am Billy Boat and the #98car will return at Fontana.

                        9:15am Michael Andretti will drive the #7 7-11 car starting at Naz.

                        9:22am Dan Davis will be let go by Ford.

                        9:23am Ford will rejoin the IRL in 04. But, will stay in cart so it doesn't die and cause the irl to be a foreign Road racer refugee camp!

                        9:29am John Menard will enter three cars next year, Drivers will be Alex Barron, Robby McGehee, and Memo Gidley, Vitor Meira has left for a test ride will Minardi, a forth and fifth car could be added because John is a Billionaire!

                        9:33am Sam Schmidt returns with Honda power and Davey Hamilton and Jaques Lazier.

                        9:36am J.J. Yeley will be announced as RCR's driver!

                        9:45am Tony George say's NO to road course's.

                        10am Practice starts.
                        I can only hope...






                        And I hope the wording of this announcement is eactly as printed here:


                        "Ford will rejoin the IRL in 04. But, will stay in cart so it doesn't die and cause the irl to be a foreign Road racer refugee camp!"

                        --sincerely,

                        FORD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by YellowShirt
                          They are announcing next year's schedule:
                          Same as this year's schedule: except
                          Season is a bit longer: Homestead Feb 29 - Texas Oct 17
                          Add Milwaukee Jul 25, which means Michigan has to move slightly
                          Pikes Peak moves to August to avoid the USGP
                          Gateway is off the schedule, but could still get put back on.

                          Pretty dull really. No Vegas. No road courses.

                          And they've asked the chassis builders to produce road-course update kits, even though there are no road courses on the schedule. Guess that's all part of the "Keeping the costs down" policy
                          Barnhardt did not ask them to make a road course update kit. He told them to consider road course characteristics when making the update kit. Nothing different than any other year since the new chassis came about. Its not a separate kit. The kits are controlled on how much they're allowed to charge.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            2004 series sponsor? Is this to much to hope for?
                            sa

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by stan
                              2004 series sponsor? Is this to much to hope for?
                              That would be cool!
                              The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X