NEW Feeder Series? Could it happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Feeder Series? Could it happen?

Could anyone else see the possibility of the IRL adding another feeder series? Perhaps something lower than the IPS? With C^RT facing economic woes, it might not be a bad idea. Plus, it could become a way to lure in more open-wheel minded drivers. Just a thought.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

IF, if C^RT were to go out of business I would hope that the IRL would look at bringing the Toyota Atlantic teams into IPS and picking up the Barber Dodge series.

If roadracing is coming I would look to schedule these feeder series with IMSA, Grand Am, American LaMans races. Talent needs to be developed and marketed outside of typical IndyCar races.
    "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

I think a cheaper series, with the outdated chassis from the previous 3 years, might help with the cost issues. Engines, that I think could be cheaper also.

The feeder series is key to the development of the league, wishing it was not as costly as it currently seems to be.
      Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The thought of a series below the IPS boggles the mind.
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
          I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The thought of a series below the IPS boggles the mind.
          While at it I would like to see the IPS open the cars up more, the should not be that far off of the IRL qualifying times.
          "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

They should consider adopting the new Star Mazda spec. Affordable and heard probably can do the series for less that $150,000

Comment

:head banging on wall smilie:
              Definition of support series: A series that needs the support of the headliner class to draw a crowd.

Comment

Great idea! What do you think? FV or F440?
                Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing. Your unwavering support of all things IRL is awe inspiring.

That said, if I were the IRL I would have already been courting the Atlantics and Barber Dodge bidness. That's a no-brainer. We ought to get our new best 'friends' for life Toyota give us a hand with that one, too.

Comment

Maybe there's a change in the works for the Silver Crown cars?

Comment

Yes yes,,, RW,,,,, YOU OLD STICK in the MUD...

The next step down,,, would be a "Weekly Show" run at the local "Kid's are Us",,,, Stores...

Right on Isle Five,,, "The Stroller Nationals" just for Daddy's Lil Open Wheel Wonders...

"Daddy's Little Protégé's,,,, running neck to neck, all bundled up in their little Fire Proof Diapers, and Driving Suits...

The next generation of race car drivers I want to see, must have just a little talent,,, and "Egg's" so big,,,, that they have to be lifted into the cars, by a mobil crane,,,,,

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...246#post393246

Just in case you missed it,,, but I don't really think you miss much...
                      Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by stymie
                        IF, if C^RT were to go out of business I would hope that the IRL would look at bringing the Toyota Atlantic teams into IPS and picking up the Barber Dodge series.
                        What makes you think Atlantic teams would want to run IPS? And Barber Dodge wouldn't go primarily oval racing. But this is all moot, since CART isn't going anywhere.

Comment

I have four or five remote controlled, battery powered Indycars about 10' long. I could become the newest big time car owner in this new feeder series. What do you think? Are you man enough to go against my team? Do you have the talent? Next step up is the IPS.
                          "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FredSonicSmith

Hey! isn't the real Fred "Sonic" Smith from Ann Arbor a little under the weather nowadays?

Gus Levy
                            www.nitronic.com/burningmotorhome
                            Gus Levy
                            Life Of William Davis Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by stymie
                              If roadracing is coming I would look to schedule these feeder series with IMSA, Grand Am, American LaMans races.
                              IMSA/ALMS already has its own formulafeedercar series, the Pro Star Mazda series.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X