TMS moving its 2004 fall race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS moving its 2004 fall race

to October 17th to avoid scheduling conflict with NHRA according to the Dallas paper.

Fine with me. The later the cooler.

Only problem is the luck of the draw and a cool front smacking hot, moist air and creating boomers.
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff
      Fine with me. The later the cooler.

Only problem is the luck of the draw and a cool front smacking hot, moist air and creating boomers.
      Didja ever notice that as soon as the fall race ends it storms and everyone gets wet? I think it has happened the last 3 years.
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

It turns into the mother of all wet t-shirt contests.

Comment

The only downside I can foresee is the possibility of losing the ABC over the air time and having the race moved to cable. Texas is what IndyCar does best, it should be the championship deciding race, all the more reason for "over the air."

Comment

OK, as a dumb hoosier I have a question, more armidilos or less that time of year?

and

are those little fellers tasty?
            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

"are those little fellers tasty?"

Possum on the half shell
              Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

This just makes the season longer for some more great racing.
                The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

It shortens the off season here at TF, which is but ugly anyway, I am not even gonna visit this off season, it is CARTisan hammer time, it will be worse this year, after CART has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161
                    Possum on the half shell

Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161
                      "are those little fellers tasty?"

Possum on the half shell
                      Havnt had one in half shell yet,,,, my lil Celica de-shells, and de-skins them. Although,,, it does make a heck of a noise.
                      "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
                        The only downside I can foresee is the possibility of losing the ABC over the air time and having the race moved to cable. Texas is what IndyCar does best, it should be the championship deciding race, all the more reason for "over the air."
                        Note that the second TMS race is on ESPN this year. The 2004 date change might not make a difference.
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

"Didja ever notice that as soon as the fall race ends it storms and everyone gets wet? I think it has happened the last 3 years."

Yep, while RacerDeb and I were running for the car some poor racefan was struck by lightning in the parking lot after the race.

At least you can see the boomers coming from a distance.
                          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

As long as the races are on ABC or ESPN, it really doesn't make much of a difference UNTIL THEY START PROMOTING THEM!!!!!!!!
                            BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

All of you fall for the same 'fender foolishness, not only is ABC/ESPN a "partner" of IndyCar, but they are a partner of every sport they broadcast. The "mine is better or bigger then yours" concept is flawed, I have seen promotions for each IndyCar event, would I like to see more, yes, but you reach a point that you just have to interrupt countless promotions and commercials with some honest to goodness programming once in a while. We get our share, that is not the problem, if you were a casual fan, would you subject yourself to 2 hours of Paul Page when there is much better anywhere? If you were a casual fan, would you watch foreign talent race, people who's names you can neither spell nor pronounce, when you can watch Americans race a NASCAR event on another channel, at the same time. We need to win over the casual fan. The same problem has doomed soccer for twenty years and they haven't learned either. Twenty years of dismal soccer ratings, 20 years of much the same from CART, both for the same reason, when are they ever going to learn? I used to think, "just be patient, the best racing in the world will win them over," I don't think so anymore, and promotion won't either.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X