Gen IV test at Indy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen IV test at Indy?

Is today the big test day at IMS for the Gen IV teams?

Anyone know for certain if Hemelgarn will be there?

They are included in the test. Looks like everyone drew for time slots. Buddy, drew the afternoon slot. They have the track but if they are going for sure I don't know. I would think if the plan to run the engine this weekend they need to at least get it on track and make sure everything works.
    sa

Comment

Didn't someone test the GenFord at the speedway a week or two back or did that get delayed?
      "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
        Didn't someone test the GenFord at the speedway a week or two back or did that get delayed?
        D&R was going to but was not ready in time

This isn't a real "big test"

Basically every team is getting a chance to do leak check, instillation laps. They are being limited on laps.

They are doing this because of KY being a two day event and limited time at KY. Try to find any issues today.

Comment

I hope they keep them under a buck-fifty and only do a leak test, no time to stick one in the fence. If it is a free test why would'n Hemelgarn be there, it would free up the first prctice session and the transporter had to be packed for the trip anyway? They were the last to get the Chord though, but we are told it is an easy change over.

Was Menard there with a Chord, I hope someone is watching from the museum.

Comment

This is not an easy change. It's more like building the car from scratch. Plumbing, electronics, fuel system, linkages, exhaust, body panels, etc... are different. Panther & Cheever will have a big leg up on D&R, Hemelgarn and Menard this weekend. If the (3) teams getting the GenIV for the first time have any success this weekend, they should get rave reviews from this readership. To undertake this complete changeover in (4) days is quite difficult.

Comment

Panther must have drawn an afternoon slot as well. The hauler was on its way to the track at noon.
              You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

I spent my lunch hour at the Speedway and Vitor had run this morning and Robbie Buhl was running while I was there and Sarah was just starting her short test. The top speed was only in the 213-214 range.

Panther arrived at the track shortly after noon, and I guess Hemelgarn was also scheduled to run this afternoon. I don't know the situation with Red Bull.
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I clocked Sarah @ 234 mph!

Maybe my watch is wrong
                  "Lad(y)ies and Gentlemen Start your engines"

Comment

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Gman
                      I clocked Sarah @ 234 mph!

Maybe my watch is wrong
                      She's just warming up for Ky. She does hold the track record there. While I have no doubt it will be broken at least she now has some chance, with the Gen IV Chevy, to retain her status as track record holder.

Comment

You bought that watch where?
                        sa

Comment

In May when they used the old Chevy engines, I had to bring a sun-dial to time the cars.
                          If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

I think he bought that 'Rolex" for $10 @ the Shipshewana, Indiana flea market!
                            Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

In May the Chevies sounded slow, but yesterday they sounded racy!
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X