Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cal Wells/Toyota teaming up for IRL entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Wells/Toyota teaming up for IRL entry?

Reported today that Cal Wells will be teaming up with Toyota in the Nascar Truck Series. You think Wells could expand and field a Toyota entry in the IRL? I foresee Toyota supplying engines for an indy500 effort next year for him though. Sorry, forgot to post a link to the source: http://www.cupscene.com/

Kind of surprising to see Cal Wells and Toyota back together again. After all, it was PPI who did most of the early development of the Toyota and got them their first pole (and second win) only to be told, "Sorry, we don't want to supply you engines anymore" when Newman Haas and Patrick Racing became available.

In fact, Cal Wells (along with John Della Penna) filed a lawsuit against CART claiming that CART should have forced Toyota to sell him engines.

Then again, Honda paying Bobby Rahal to run their engines this year proves that in racing, it is impossible to burn a bridge.

Comment

In fact, Cal Wells (along with John Della Penna) filed a lawsuit against CART claiming that CART should have forced Toyota to sell him engines.
      Actually, I believe that DP and Wells wanted Hondas and were turned away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
        Actually, I believe that DP and Wells wanted Hondas and were turned away.
        If that is the case, they wanted Hondas after being uncermoniously dumped by Toyota. The end result is the same - PPI didn't drop Toyota, Toyota dropped PPI.

Comment

Your right. Toyota Dumped PPI and All American Racers to go with Ganassi. I'm sure alot that is water under the bridge by now.

Comment

BTW, CART revealed today that they had settled with DP and Wells for about $200,000 each.

Comment

If you are an owner in Chase Around Race Tracks and wanted to stay in open wheel racing next year; what would you do?
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X