Somebody tell me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody tell me...

...why Coors Light went with Chip! I have yet to see ONE car that they've been on this year. I did see a big Coors Light Ginassi racing banner at Indy, but THAT'S IT! They've gotten absolutely NO pub with the Chipster! They are obviously paying him for NOTHING! Why they left Buddy and Hemelgarn for where they are now is beyond me!? At least with them they'd still have their name on a car!!!
    The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Coors light never switched to Chip in the ICS. IIRC, Coors, Tae-Bo, and Delta all paid Hemelgarn the first year of the three years those sponsors were on the car and that was it. If anything, Coors flat out left, no switching.

Now, Coors has been on the Ganassi NASCAR team for a while. But, that's a whole different deal.
    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

ya get what you pay for
      "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan
        Coors light never switched to Chip in the ICS.
        The traditional Coors Light "welcome race fans" signs around Indy this May featured an open wheel car that had Scheckter's helmet and a TCGR logo. In July, they may have still had the TCGR logo, but no stock car or reference to the Cup team was to be found. It looks a lot like the IRL link was more promoted by the Coors guys than the nascar link, FWIW.

Comment

Re: Somebody tell me...

Originally posted by BuckeyeDave
          Why they left Buddy and Hemelgarn for where they are now is beyond me!? [/B]
          Yeah, sticking with Buddy Lazier and Hemelgarn would have done Coors light a world of good this year. They could get on TV everytime they get lapped.

Comment

Re: Re: Somebody tell me...

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
            Yeah, sticking with Buddy Lazier and Hemelgarn would have done Coors light a world of good this year. They could get on TV everytime they get lapped.

If they give hemelgarn sponsorship BL runs up front once they get the new engine.
            Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 08-13-2003, 03:52 AM.
            Terrible moderators can destroy great forums

Comment

imo

Hemelgarn will need more than a Cosworth to enable Buddy to run up front against the current competition.

I'll be available at Sparta this weekend if anybody wants to call me a dumbass.

not that you would be the first
              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Hey,,,, What Happened to All the Posts,,,, the one's concerning,,,,

The Mental Status of One's Backside ????

I was just going to post this little story...

One day I was in this "Biker Bar" for the lack of a better word, and I kept bumbing into this Big Monster,,, then I started doing it on purpose, just for fun, or to show off a little I guess.... I am 6 Two,,, 245 lbs of Blue Steel Sex Appeal, at the time, but I only come up to this guys waste, he's big... But I am surrounded by pretty fair company, also....

He's a fair size boy.... But I keep pushing him,,,

Well that Big Monster finally says,,,, very politely,,, "If you do that,,,, if you keep pushing me,,, and if you keep pushing me on purpose,,, I will be forced to break your nose... OK"

I spout back,,, yea sure fine,,,, what ever,,,,,

So in about ten minutes, I start pushing him again,,, on purpose,,,

You want to know what that Big Phoney Monster did next ???

He Broke My Nose,,,, that dam' Big Monster,

I learned something that day,,,
                Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Re: Re: Somebody tell me...

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford

Maybe Ron could have bought another car or two so Buddy wouldn't have to baby the only one that they have. If they are well funded, with a couple of spaers and Chevworths pushing them along, they will run towards the front.

jmart

Comment

Jmart, save your breath you'll never convice the cartisans that an original IRL team could ever beat an old CART team even if the money is the same for both teams. CART teams rule haven't you learned that here lately? Even though the are all IRL teams and finally saw the light.
                    sa

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X