Streakers!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streakers!!!!!!!

Sorry, this post is about losing streaks in the IRL and not what you might have thought. Anyway, since Helio broke his losing streak the other day, I thought I'd share the other remaining streaks in the IRL. If someone already did this, I apologize for wasting your time and mine. Note that I only included drivers that have actually won an IRL event. I think this is interesting since all of the drivers have had significanct success in the IRL--with the possible exception of Buhl.

Here it is...

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    1. Robbie Buhl
    Losing Streak - 45 IRL Races

Robbie's last IRL win was Walt Disney World in 2000.

2. (tie) Buddy Lazier
    Losing Streak - 28 IRL Races

Buddy's last IRL win was Kentucky of 2001.

2. (tie) Greg Ray
    Losing Streak - 28 IRL Races

Greg's last IRL win was Atlanta 2001 He's had limited rides since 2001 as he has been bumped around a bit until finally forming his own team this year. Greg's first race of the 2003 season was Japan.

3. Kenny Brack
    Losing Streak - 19 IRL Races

Kenny's last win was Indy in 1999. He did not participate in another IRL race until the 2002 Indy 500 as he was racing full-time in C^RT. He returned to the IRL this year as a regular. Incidentally, Kenny won the last C^RT race that he participated in, which was Mexico, 2002. So, you could argue that his major open-wheel series streak is at just 11 races.

4. Sam Hornish Jr.
    Losing Streak - 11 IRL Races

Sam's last win was the season-ending, championship sealing victory at Texas in 2002.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Are you including races that Ray and Lazier missed?
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nope. I only included races in which they participated. However, I could have made a mistake somewhere.

Comment

(1) Which active winless IRL driver has competed the most IRL races?

(2) and who holds the all-time IRL winless record.

I have no idea who would be (1), but I suspect (2) might be Davey Hamilton?

Comment

Ren Butler would probably know that off the top of his head. His brain is wired that way. Now if we could just get him to remember to wear pants when he comes into work everyday. Ren...do you have an answer for us?

Comment

1) Sarah Fisher, 43 starts

2) Davey Hamilton, 48 starts
            Stephan Gregoire 46 starts
            Sarah Fisher 43 starts

Comment

My IRL statistics handbook (which I've put hundreds of man-hours into) is at home, and CAD Man beat me to it anyway!

Great stats, though. It makes Helio's now-broken streak look that much more amazing.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Gregoire surprises me - not for not winning, but I didn't realize he was around so long.

Comment

Being probably one of the few around here that can appreciate his driving skills, I'm kind of suprised that it has been over a year since Tomas Scheckter has won a race considering he is driving for Target Chip Ganassi Racing this season. I kind of expected at least two wins this season by Tomas considering whom he is driving for now!

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Incidentally
                    Robbie Buhl - 45 starts since Orlando 2000 win.

Comment

Originally posted by CAD Man
                      Incidentally
                      Robbie Buhl - 45 starts since Orlando 2000 win.
                      And your point is?

Comment

Since his last win in 2000 Formula Nippon, Tora Takagi has had 39 starts in CART and 11 in the IRL (50 total) without a win.
                        "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                        “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                        "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X