My husband asked me to post this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband asked me to post this...

because he was severely annoyed by the constant background music (probably since it wasn't his favorite oldies cr**) @ Gateway yesterday.

I would mark this up to his being an old fogie but my eighteen year old son agreed with him.

I must agree though that not every second at a race track needs to be filled in with background music! Sometimes it's nice just to hear all the background sounds of the garage area. Personally I don't need to be "entertained" every second.
    #BCForever

I wasn't there but conceptually I agree 100%.

That's why I don't go to Pacer & Colt games anymore.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
      I wasn't there but conceptually I agree 100%.

That's why I don't go to Pacer & Colt games anymore.
      It was the music and not the spirit noodles??

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Re: My husband asked me to post this...

Originally posted by Liz
        because he was severely annoyed by the constant background music (probably since it wasn't his favorite oldies cr**) @ Gateway yesterday.

I would mark this up to his being an old fogie but my eighteen year old son agreed with him.

I must agree though that not every second at a race track needs to be filled in with background music! Sometimes it's nice just to hear all the background sounds of the garage area. Personally I don't need to be "entertained" every second.
        your husband is so RIGHT

I 'm so tired of that crap. spirit noodles, t-shirts catapulted into the crowd, whatever,

sometimes we just like to talk amongst ourselves you know?

marketing pukes that are hired to conduct 'focus 'groups make these decisions I think.

morons.
        It's a brand new day.

Comment

the worst for me? you can't even heckle coaches and opposing players at hockey games any more.
          the stupid music starts when the whistle blows and drowns out anything you might yell.

just stay home and watch tv. why go?
          It's a brand new day.

Comment

it worked for the NBA. Now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon.

Comment

I've been beetching about the music since May.

Michigan was the worst IMO

yeah I'm an old **** but what's wrong with talking to the other fans about what's going on?

and the play list pulls a vacuum to boot.
              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

I wasn't at St. Louis but the non-stop music thing bugs me too. Every track I visit does this. I mean even at short tracks while the cars are on the pace lap they don't shut off the music until the green flag actually waves! I wrote the management at Irwindale a letter after Turkey Night two years ago.

Who is it that thinks the crowd enjoys this? They have never asked me!

Comment

I have cut the speaker wires at a few tracks...

Try working on a car and listening to that garbage every second of the day....
                  To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

Comment

oh dammm, tell your old man to put in earplugs!

maybe you should send the league an email about it. the league seems to work hard to appease the fans. sometimes IT IS nice to listen to music and sometimes it's annoying.
                    http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Look at the bright side - at least they don't have the wave at race tracks.

Comment

Right on Railbird.......Michigans PA was annoying. Even my kids asked why it was so loud...and they're 10 and 7!
                        Third Gen Indy Fan

Comment

The worst for me was when they played techno music while the cars were qualifying for the Indy 500. I hear Tom Carnegie's voice saying "and hezonit" with Blue Man Group playing in the background! :mad: I was only there on Bump Day, did they do that on Pole Day too?
                          If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Cutting speaker wires... now there's a thought. I go to racetracks for a different kind of music.

Comment

This loud, constant, background music is one reason we (and our money) stay away from many events. It's not just annoying, it's irritating, and downright awful. There is nothing good about it.

At several of my son's high school basketball games, especially at Sunnybrook Christian School in San Antonio, the music was so loud we had to cover our ears to relieve the pain.

I encourage all of you to write letters to the track, and copy the Indy Racing League. Give them one chance to greatly reduce, or eliminate, this music, or you will no longer donate your hard-earned dollars to their business establishment in return for a too-narrow seat subject to endless BMPL (Bad Music Played Loudly).

(BMPL is an evil, left-wing plot, designed to lull the masses into compliance..)

You see, many have stated that Tony Geroge, or CART's bad management, or "the split" as being responsible for a decline in attendance at open wheel races. The real reason for the attendance drop is this agrevating music.
                              If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X