One More Gateway Post...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More Gateway Post...

The weather sure didn't hurt yesterday either...
    It was unbelievably cool for the middle of August in St. Louis.

I've always thought about GIR that I love the track (simply because it's unique), it's the rest of it that is sub-par.

I had a weekend pit pass, but for everyone else...charging $20 for qualifying and the IPS race was a bit steep. Plus, why not throw in free parking...?

Matt's ideas for fixing the place up were excellent.

I know for a fact that the GM really wants to hang on to the IRL. If they can keep it on the schedule, I'm sure they will work hard on improvements.

I also thought that yesterdays crowd was the highest I've seen at Gateway for the IRL.

For next year, make a note... Orange South parking lot has its own exit to the interstate. It'll save time.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Yep!!
    #BCForever

Comment

Nice post, Ghost. I too want Gateway to remain. Obviously more people than the last two years and they are trying hard. They can and I think will make improvements. I too thought that the $20.00 for the IPS race and qualifying was a bit much. Like I think you said, $20.00 would have been good for the IPS race, qualifying and two cold pit passes. One thing they could do and I heard others commenting that they could use a few more bathrooms.

Comment

Re: One More Gateway Post...

Originally posted by ghost
        ...charging $20 for qualifying and the IPS race was a bit steep. Plus, why not throw in free parking...?

For next year, make a note... Orange South parking lot has its own exit to the interstate. It'll save time.
        I also thought $20 was a little steep for Sat. and I appreciate the parking tip. I was stuck behind the truck stop(see my post on the "St. Louis Thoughts" thread), how do you access the Orange South lot?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X