Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota, Honda, Toyota, ... why do I care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota, Honda, Toyota, ... why do I care?

What is the point of Paul turning good racing into an engine battle EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL?

I didn't see one engine company exec. out on the track. All I saw was drivers.

I couldn't care any less what engine is under the cowling.

I didn't miss this crap, why have they brought it back?

Because the Engine companies are paying the bills. Honda, Toyota, and GM are paying about $30mil to promote the IRL, and they want the announcers to talk about them.
    "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
    Vice President, Marketing
    IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Page thinks he's still covering CART races. CART fans love that stuff

We root for drivers, not pieces of metal.
      "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
        Because the Engine companies are paying the bills. Honda, Toyota, and GM are paying about $30mil to promote the IRL, and they want the announcers to talk about them.
        Per Wilke,and Tara........Camking do you have a link to that 30 million dollar figure?

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn
          Per Wilke,and Tara........Camking do you have a link to that 30 million dollar figure?
          If I had a link to $30mil, I'd be on a beach in mexico.
          "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
          Vice President, Marketing
          IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Aloha Cammy

Boy You Have Been On a Roll Lately,,, Cam Man,,, a regular George Burns, from the crypt....

So now let me get this straight.... All this time, I've been harping about, how the "Boy Prince",,, should jerk them three "engine pimps" up short, and show them who the boss really is. All that's been a big, giant, waste of time, now ? I've got to think this over some....

So, what you are saying is,,, the "Boy Prince" is no more, than a common "Two Bit Prostitute" ? hymmmm I got to think some more,,,,

Well, well, I got the answer,,, maybe

I guess the "Boy Prince" could still "rap" them three, up along side the head... Maybe, with one of them bags of shiny new Quarters, that he has been carring around the Speedway lately.... hymmmm That should work,,,No ?

Now don't you all,,, "go off",,, and get your Depends in a Wad,,, I am just playing some....

Last Year,,, Loon's Like Me, from "Loon's R Us",,, could yell,,, Fair,, Fair,,, All Fair... and we "Loon's",,, thought we was smart enough to see the "Fairness"...

This year,,,, Loon's Like Me, from "Loon's R Us",,, Yell,,,,, Fair,,, Fair,,, All Fair,,, but we can't "SEE" it.... We can't see FAIR,,, the engines are all sealed, leased, and kept in the dark...

But to "Loon's" Like Me, it makes no difference... We an't smart enough to know what "Fairness" really is, in the first place... Not if it was sitting on our face... But that don't "quiet" us down none...... We Just Like the "Mushroom Treatment"...

Pock,,,Pock,,,Pock,,, Fair,,,, Pock,,,Pock,,,Pock,,,Fair... or maybe that should be,,,

"Cluck,,,Cluck,,,Cluck,,, Fair....

For me, not understanding something, has never been a valid reason, to just "Shut Up" and "Listen" .... LOL
            Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-11-2003, 12:52 AM.
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

If the big three are paying $10mil each, I will eat my shirt.

There is no way GM will get out ten big ones (for OW) in today's economy.

It just does not make business sense to spend that in OW racing right now. Sure, there may be some Caddy $$$ left, but that was for the flagship line to flagship demographics.

Where is the information that leads to the $30mil? figure??
              May is now in session...

Can I get 500 posts by raceday?

Comment

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan
                Page thinks he's still covering CART races. CART fans love that stuff

We root for drivers, not pieces of metal.
                Good post except for the gratuitous first line. I'm a CART fan too and don't care what engine is under the bonnet. Now if the field was open and Honda, Toyota, Audi, Porsche, BMW, GM, Ford, Daimler, etc were all duking it out then I may have some passing interest.

Comment

I think if you knew the real figure, it would be well over $30 million

Comment

I think Cam King's about right on this one. I know the 3 engine manufacturers were required to pay "promotional" dollars to the league and provide certain advertising as part of the engine approval process.

$10M might be a little high.....it's the same money IRL is rumored to be asking for title sponsorship.

Even if it's less than $10M, the engine manufacturers are well within their rights to ask for certain "accomodations" for their money...like mentions on the broadcast.
                    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

If I had a link to $30mil, I'd be on a beach in mexico.
                      Or on "The" Lake with Miles et all

carl s
                      Indio, CA
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                        I think Cam King's about right on this one. I know the 3 engine manufacturers were required to pay "promotional" dollars to the league and provide certain advertising as part of the engine approval process.

$10M might be a little high.....it's the same money IRL is rumored to be asking for title sponsorship.

Even if it's less than $10M, the engine manufacturers are well within their rights to ask for certain "accomodations" for their money...like mentions on the broadcast.
                        I have read $7M/yr is the amount the IRL requires an engine supplier to spend on promoting IndyCar racing but I can't vouch for its accuracy.

Comment

Maybe it's 30,000-that seems to be the magical number when any IRL measurement is taken

Dave
                          "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

Wasn't too long ago people were moaning about the IRL being a one engine spec series...lots of glee when new motors came into the series...now we don't care about engines...king's gold etc...

Comment

If Chevy was kicking Toyota's & Honda's butts, rather than the other way around, I have a feeling there would be more "interest" in the engine battle from long time IRL fans.

Personally, I'm happy to see engine, chassis and driver competition. It would be kinda cool to see an old fashioned tire war again too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X