Anton Julian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Julian

Injured crewman for Al Unser Jr. upgraded to fair condition as per TSO. (normally I wouldn't jump the news like this, but this is an injury situation.)

Still no word on what his injuries may be.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Anton,
    We're looking forward to a positive update.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with ya.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

tough luck @ Kelleys
      Sharp broke Dismore's crew chiefs leg @ Homestead 2 yrs ago
      Renna's bad one @ KY almost killed 2 guys
      and now this from another team.....
      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

rpm.espn.com reports Julian has been upgraded to Fair condition, with a knee injury and a concussion.
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

"...and being held overnight for observation."

Sounds like it's not nearly as bad as we feared.
          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff
            "...and being held overnight for observation."

Sounds like it's not nearly as bad as we feared.

Good to hear,,, scary business
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

I'm so glad to hear this. Al's pit was right in front of us & it was very upsetting to watch.
              #BCForever

Comment

What was really scary was watching on TV and having Paul Page explain they can't release the crew member's name or condition "until the next of kin are notified."

Fortunately, they came right back and said "the crew member" was awake and alert.
                Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Anton is a great guy and I was scared for something worse when I saw the replay. Hope he gets well soon and suffers no long term effects.

I was Anton's responsibility when I worked for Stefan Johansson's IndyLights team @ Homestead in '98. Guy Smith (now driving Bentley factory prototype) was the driver and I was in charge of maintaining the tires and wheels and making sure the bodywork was spotless. Anton was an extremely competent mechanic with the newly formed team. We qualified like 5th and finished 3rd in Guy's first oval race!

Just thought I would share my story.
                  "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                  the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                  -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Is Anton not an occasional kart racer? Seems to me I've seen his name in the SIRA results before.
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
                      Is Anton not an occasional kart racer? Seems to me I've seen his name in the SIRA results before.
                      He had an IPS deal around the series' inception (can't recall w/ which team) that fell through due to lack of funding.

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
                        Anton catches a SIRA race when he can and the IRL schedule allows. He drives shifters.

Comment

I read where he was released yesterday and came back to Indy.

Hope your recovery goes smooth and fast.............
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                            What was really scary was watching on TV and having Paul Page explain they can't release the crew member's name or condition "until the next of kin are notified."

Fortunately, they came right back and said "the crew member" was awake and alert.
                            Yes, my father turned and looked at me when he mentioned the "next of kin." Luckily, he came back with the "awake and alert" statement. It was then that I remembered that they can't give out names until then any more, even if the injury is not fatal.
                            One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

The HIPPA - I believe Health Information Privacy Protection Act from the Clinton Presidency - prevents anyone from divulging any information about anyones medical condition. This is one of those things that has tied the hands of people who work with anyone who is trying to report anything about an injury. Saying the wrong thing can put one in deep doodoo. I just wonder how much information will ever be stated again. Not much I figure and we will have to develop a new understanding of nothing said does not indicate negative news as we have in the past. Stay tuned for station identification - err condition update some time in the future.
                              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X