X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herta has contact 4 times

Let me see if I have this right.

1. Herta and AJIV touch in turn.

2. Herta runs into the back of a Target car(Dixon?)

3. Herta pulls out of pits and pulls right into Buddy Lazier.

4 Herta hits AUJ after running into Buddy.
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

You may be right. . .
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Re: Herta has contact 4 times

Originally posted by IndyIRLman
      Let me see if I have this right.

1. Herta and AJIV touch in turn.

2. Herta runs into the back of a Target car(Dixon?)

3. Herta pulls out of pits and pulls right into Buddy Lazier.

4 Herta hits AUJ after running into Buddy.
      You forgot..and broke Scott's gearbox and cost him the points lead...
      Imagine what would be said if it was AJ IV...

Comment

Re: Re: Herta has contact 4 times

Originally posted by Ganassifan
        You forgot..and broke Scott's gearbox and cost him the points lead...
        Imagine what would be said if it was AJ IV...
        Herta's not consistently driving bumper cars. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Ever have one of those days..........??
          Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

Comment

Originally posted by aratapuss
            Ever have one of those days..........??
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Oops, I left off Dixon when I was counting in another thread.
              "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Actually, I think Dixon and Barron both blamed Kenny Brack for their gear boxes, and I know they mentioned that Brack went to the Target team to apologize for rear-ending a Target car during the pit sequence... I thought it was Dixon.

However, I am pretty sure I saw Herta hit a Target car coming into the pits. He wound up halfway into someone else's (or an empty) pit box.

Did anyone see exactly who all hit who coming into the pits? From the damage, Brack obviously hit his wing against something, and Dixon and Barron both complained of being rear-ended.
                One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Maybe Herta forgot to wear his glasses?

Comment

First pit stop

I believe Barron said he got hit by Yasukawa.

Comment

Re: First pit stop

Originally posted by keysersoze
                      I believe Barron said he got hit by Yasukawa.
                      You were right, I goofed. I believe he did say that.
                      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                        Maybe Herta forgot to wear his glasses?
                        Doesn't wear them anymore. Had laser surgery several years back. This is what happens when you combine a track that minimizes passing opportunities and 21 cars who cannot seem to play nice when pitting. It's not just the IRL, look at the increasing number of pit accidents that occur in NASCAR and CART. Fix the aero/mechanical package so that the pit lane is not the only opportunity to pass.

Comment

"Fix the aero/mechanical package so that the pit lane is not the only opportunity to pass." (I think you've been watching too many street races. )

I saw numerous ontrack passes today.

And, yes, I just saw the RPM interviews about pit lane safety. I don't think the drivers are any more or less aggressive on tight tracks. I don't accept the contention that drivers get more aggressive on tight tracks.

The narrowness of the pit lane created more danger than any other factor today.

Good news about the injured crewman: concussion, knee injury and only being held overnight for observation.
                          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff
                            "Fix the aero/mechanical package so that the pit lane is not the only opportunity to pass." (I think you've been watching too many street races. )

I saw numerous ontrack passes today.

And, yes, I just saw the RPM interviews about pit lane safety. I don't think the drivers are any more or less aggressive on tight tracks. I don't accept the contention that drivers get more aggressive on tight tracks.

The narrowness of the pit lane created more danger than any other factor today.

Good news about the injured crewman: concussion, knee injury and only being held overnight for observation.
                            Hey Knockoff, I did see some passing, I'll give you that. My gripe is more general in that the pit lane, not just in the IRL, is starting to become a combat zone to the crew guys because of the pressure to make up track position. Can you imagine what would happen if one of those cars got up in the air and landed on somebody?

I'm glad that the Kelley crewman is doing alright.

Comment

Shadow, I share your pit lane concerns. From a distance and at "down the chute" camera angles it's frightening.

Everytime someone lights up the rear tires and does the blue smoke drift it appears they're gonna hit the right rear tire changer of the team in front of them.

Today's drivers' meeting was mentioned on RPM this evening. Obviously, they didn't heed the warnings.
                              :mad:
                              "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X