Rcr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rcr

Chevy mentioned they are looking at teams in another series. Everbody just assumed it was Cart. However, RPM reported Tony George and Richard Childress were in discussion about him starting an IRL team. More discussions will take place next week. Could this be a team Chevy is considering. Think about it, competion increases why not go to your big dog and bring him over for extra ammunition
    Milwaukee was raced on an oval and Kalkhoven appears to favour street races.

Childress has dabbled in the IRL before. Maybe it's time for some of those owners to diversify. Doesn't look like the Busch or Truck series bring the bang anymore.

Love to see him here. Bring over Cingular and R. Gordon.
    You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

Good point and welcome Vogler fan.

Negri declined to confirm speculation he has talked to CART teams about joining Chevy for next season. However, Negri admitted coyly: "We're talking to teams in other leagues."

It's believed the CART team owners interested in Chevy include Carl Haas, Derrick Walker and Pat Patrick.
      http://www.indystar.com/print/articl...-7855-037.html
      "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
      -John Morley

Comment

Well, this is just great. On the good news side of things, we get a Childress-Chevy IndyCar. On the not-so-good side, we get Paul Tracy driving it:

Now Childress is pondering what could be his next reclamation project, Paul Tracy, the wildest of the Indy-car wild men. Now Childress might not wind up hiring Tracy - though a large number of Winston Cup regulars would love the chance to put a fender to Tracy and see how much excitement he could take - but Childress said that Tracy is 'definitely' a card on the table for him.

Well, maybe it will be Indy 500 only....

Link

Comment

Rich Vogler was one of the all-time greats.

RCR would be an awesome addition to the league.

Please retract the bang for the buck comment before RW slaps you upside the head with ratings comparisons.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
            Well, this is just great. On the good news side of things, we get a Childress-Chevy IndyCar. On the not-so-good side, we get Paul Tracy driving it:

Well, maybe it will be Indy 500 only....

Link
            Hehe. I was just surfing c-wagon (actually, its not as bad as I thought). I might have to go do some more lurking if this happens. BTW: It would be awesome!
            "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Maybe I deserve some of that.

Although from a sponsorship standpoint, it appears that the Busch series is not as strong as it was three years ago.
              You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

RCR is by far my favorite Cup team and would rate highly if they crossed over to the IRL in some sort of fashion.

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Mav-1
                  Childress has dabbled in the IRL before. Maybe it's time for some of those owners to diversify. Doesn't look like the Busch or Truck series bring the bang anymore.

Love to see him here. Bring over Cingular and R. Gordon.
                  The Cingular sponsorship may be what is leading RC to look at the IRL. Since he is in the top 10 in points I would think Robby Gordon would stay in Cup. Childress might move AOL to his #31 to AOL and just have two teams.

The problems with the Busch were talked about by owner George Debidart (sp) on Totally NASCAR. In addition to the travel expenses of going to the west coast more often now BUSCH teams see something that WC teams have and the top teams get it then more and more want the same things, like charter flights and race day only pit crews. So that they are becoming like back of the pack Cup teams. The Cup drivers and owners that have Busch teams tend to get top of the line stuff from their Cup teams for their occasional races and make the BGN teams have to push the financial envelope to try to keep up. The purses paid for BGN races haven't risen like WC. As for the Trucks, Roush has one unsponsored truck and the other is a presidential candidate.

NASCAR owners coming to the IRL and most likely Chevrolet seems like it would be a good thing for the USAC drivers. I doubt most Cup owners know or care much about Brazil and would rather find a new driver in he Midwest.
                  "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                  "They're criminals"
                  "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Don't think so.....

The Cingular sponsorship may be what is leading RC to look at the IRL. Since he is in the top 10 in points I would think Robby Gordon would stay in Cup. Childress might move AOL to his #31 to AOL and just have two teams.

I can't see the Cingular sponsorship leaving the WC 31 car since with the new Nextel deal if they leave WC and RCR they are out of WC as long as NEXTEL is the series sponsor. Which apparently is something like 10 years. Don't see it happening.

Comment

How bout Sammy H in an RCR car?
                      IRL car that is
                      sounds pretty good to me
                      Childress understands what it takes to compete at this level.
                      If GM is serious about hanging with the Japs (and based on the Chevworth contract I think they are) they just flat need BETTER TEAMS running their stuff.
                      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Would RCR be happy leasing engines from Cosworth or Speedway??
                        "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                        Vice President, Marketing
                        IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
                          Would RCR be happy leasing engines from Cosworth or Speedway??
                          If Duchardt sent him big enough checks with "Goodwrench "printed on the title block, you bet your *ss he would.
                          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Good news

NASCAR owner Richard Childress reportedly met with Tony George last week in Indianapolis, supposedly to talk about a potential IRL effort but with Paul Tracy as a possible shoe?

"I've talked to Richard several times about testing one of his stock cars any time I was ready to quit open wheel," said Tracy when asked about the rumor. "But I've never talked to him about the IRL."

Meanwhile, his former teammate at Team Green, Dario Franchitti, is rumored to have signed with Newman-Haas for the 2004 CART season.

The 30-year-old Scotsman is recovering from back surgery and couldn't be reached for comment while Carl Haas, who tried to sign Franchitti this season but lost out to Honda, denied there was any deal for 2004.

Comment

Interesting rumors about 2 drivers I could care less for.

Ditto for the owners...........
                              Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X