Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TF Poll - What type drivers do you want . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF Poll - What type drivers do you want . . .

We had a poll on road racing that seemed to show, if I remember, that about 60% of those who responded were OK with at least some road races in the IRL.

That seemed to me a bit surprising, since the majority of responses in the various RR threads appeared to be negative towards any road courses.

So since the type of drivers people want seem to be a regular topic, I thought a poll, much as they annoy me, on this would be enlightening.
    Almost all short track/oval drivers
    13.04%
    At least half short track/oval drivers
    24.35%
    Almost all road racing drivers
    0.87%
    At least half road racing drivers
    3.48%
    I want to see the best drivers regardless
    58.26%

The last option is nothing but dreamland because we all have different opinions on who the best drivers are.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I'd like to see a majority of short track drivers. It's got to happen at some point!!!!
      http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

As it is, we'll never know who the "best" drivers are. The deck is stacked to favor the road racers. That is why I keep suggesting that the IRL Championship include various front engine open wheel cars on pavement and on dirt in at least 1/3 of its events. Then we might get a better yardstick to measure by.

Like THAT'S gonna happen !
        "It's not the split, it's not the lack of marketing, it's not the days the races run on, it's the product." Tommy Kendall

"....and the DRIVERS are the product !" SJFast

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
          The last option is nothing but dreamland because we all have different opinions on who the best drivers are.
          Perhaps the better wording might be - I don't have a preference for a specific driver type - I just want to see good competition . . .

Better TD?

BTW - qwitcherbitchin - just vote for the one you prefer

Comment

Boy, 220, all these rewrites for you today!

I like the revised one here better too. But I already voted thinking something along those lines anyway.
            Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

short trackers and the little small teams

Comment

I WANT TO SEE SOME OF THEM KIDS THAT JUST RAN IN THEM Starr Mazda Series,,,,

Moses Smith... WHAT A SHOW......
                Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-09-2003, 07:16 PM.
                Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

a show about wharts?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                    Yep.
                    Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

I would like to see mostly Americans. I don't care if they're road racers or short trackers. I don't want 100% Americans but more than half the field would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph
                        a show about wharts?

Aloha 220 Man,,,,

How's Things,,, Still here on the Rock,,, Belliville runnig right now,,,, Knoxville Next Week,,,, Whart and Tarts here a couple of nights ago... Life's a Bit_h and Then you Die....

I don't know about your question,,,,, The Best of the Best,,, I guess...

I know one thing,,, I just love the Elee0 Fellow,,,, Dixon,,, Gil,,, Kaanana Man,,,, Funny,,,, alll it takes, for me,,, is a little connection, and I am hooked up.... You'd think with my "connection" with AJ, I'd be in love with Quattro,,, just an't there yet... Sarah either,,, right now,,,, I could care less....

Love to see JJ,,,, I became a big JJ fan in one night ten years ago, might of been JJ's first night in a CRA Sprinter.... He didn't win, he was just good... Same, with Da Tiger Tony,,, one night in a midget at Calistoga,,,, that did it, he's crazy, and he's good,,, you could just see it.... It was all about one lap, and one move he made... I became the Biggest Boat Fan, one race, and it wasn't Indy... Bellie View, what a show he put on there, one night, again with just a couple of moves...... And it wasn't in the Big Show,,, but what a show Billy put on there one night, in a qualifying race... Same with Donny the Beech Boy,,, watching him one night in a Midget, that got me.... But I don't miss either of them, to much, by them not running in the IRL... Not like I'd miss Sammy or Elee0... But if Elee0, went to F-1, with Dixion too,,, that's just fine also.... Almost like I like them, or "love" them enough, to wish them the very best.... If JJ never makes it to the IRL,,, that's just fine too,,,, he will go to the Big Time,,, make a ton of money, have a lot of fame, and at the same time,,, have a lot less exposure, then if he stayed hanging around the IRL... And that's ok too.... There is a ton of talent in the IRL right now, only with a couple of wringers... Same in CART line up right now,,, just a ton of talent....

Ask me tomorrow, I will have a different view,,, in fact in a couple of hours... LOL I just watched that Mosses Smith Kid, in them little roller skates,,, I think he's got it,,, The Right Stuff....

Aloha Buddie,,, I will keep in touch...
                        Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

My option is not there.

I want the absolute best drivers who want to be there. That means if you really want to be in F-1 go run F-3000 or C^RT. If you want to run Winston Cup go run the Busch series or trucks. BUTT......... (and that is a huge AJ Foyt sized butt) if you want to race in the most competiitive series in the world and drive a race car not a grocery getter I will welcome you with open arms.

Outlaw

Comment

Fast drivin' ones!
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by trevor83
                              I would like to see mostly Americans. I don't care if they're road racers or short trackers. I don't want 100% Americans but more than half the field would be nice.
                              Ditto.
                              "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X