Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT, rev I think you will appreciate this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, rev I think you will appreciate this one.

And I think others will too. I don't know who the author is, but I feel secure that he or she would not mind this being shared.

A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it would be a long trip to where God lived, so he packed a suitcase with Twinkies and a six pack of root beer and started on his journey.

When he had gone about 3 blocks, he met an old man. He was sitting in the park, just staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to him and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink of root beer when he noticed the old man looked hungry, so he offered him a Twinkie.

The old man gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. His smile was so pleasant that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered him a root beer. Again the man smiled at him. The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and got up to leave. But before he had gone but a few steps, he turned around and ran back to the old man and gave him a hug. The old man gave him the biggest smile ever.

When the boy got home a short time later, his mother noticed the look of joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?" He replied, "I had lunch with God." Before his mother could respond, the boy said, "You know what?"
    God's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile the old man, also radiant with joy, returned to his home. His grown son was stunned by the look of peace on his face and asked, "Dad, what did you do today that made you so happy?" He replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God. Before his son could respond, the old man added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."

Whoever wrote this added the following:
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Embrace all equally!
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Re: OT, rev I think you will appreciate this one.

Originally posted by Lucky161
    And I think others will too. I don't know who the author is, but I feel secure that he or she would not mind this being shared.

A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it would be a long trip to where God lived, so he packed a suitcase with Twinkies and a six pack of root beer and started on his journey.

When he had gone about 3 blocks, he met an old man. He was sitting in the park, just staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to him and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink of root beer when he noticed the old man looked hungry, so he offered him a Twinkie.

The old man gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. His smile was so pleasant that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered him a root beer. Again the man smiled at him. The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and got up to leave. But before he had gone but a few steps, he turned around and ran back to the old man and gave him a hug. The old man gave him the biggest smile ever.

When the boy got home a short time later, his mother noticed the look of joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?" He replied, "I had lunch with God." Before his mother could respond, the boy said, "You know what?"
    God's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile the old man, also radiant with joy, returned to his home. His grown son was stunned by the look of peace on his face and asked, "Dad, what did you do today that made you so happy?" He replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God. Before his son could respond, the old man added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."

Whoever wrote this added the following:
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Embrace all equally!

Thank God, I have a Text Reader, little hard to see through the tears...

And Rev-ed if you move this one, the next time you see God, his vision may be connected to a lightning bolt...

Lucky,,, a Bingo,,, falls so short,,, I will have to think a minute, or two,,, make that an hour or two... Mahalo,,,,

Not sure I enjoyed it, lived it, or needed it,,, but something hit home...
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

We should all try to be more Godlike to each other!

Thanks for the reminder, Lucky!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Good way to start the day.
        Thanks Lucky 1.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X