Unser Jr.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unser Jr.??

Why was Al so far down the list in the first practice? It also seems that he didnt run very many laps...did something go wrong on the car?

I have been kind of dissapointed with the team this year. After Texas it looked like Al could be a threat to win the title with plenty of tracks coming up that all has run well at. Instead they waste about 40 points over the last two races with bad calls and they cant qualify well at all on handling tracks. Oh how I wish Al would get a ride with Ganassi or Penske. I honestly think that Al would win the championship racing for Ganassi.

Comment

Originally posted by frankie13
      I have been kind of dissapointed with the team this year. After Texas it looked like Al could be a threat to win the title with plenty of tracks coming up that all has run well at. Instead they waste about 40 points over the last two races with bad calls and they cant qualify well at all on handling tracks. Oh how I wish Al would get a ride with Ganassi or Penske. I honestly think that Al would win the championship racing for Ganassi.

Little Al had his shot in a Penske car in the 90s. Obviously RP had enough - I don't think we will see that again. Ganassi

When pigs fly!!!!!

Judging from his comments at Indy, I think he put too much wing in it by the looks of his qualifying effort. Out qualified by GEN III Chevys.
      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
        Little Al had his shot in a Penske car in the 90s. Obviously RP had enough - I don't think we will see that again. Ganassi

When pigs fly!!!!!

Judging from his comments at Indy, I think he put too much wing in it by the looks of his qualifying effort. Out qualified by GEN III Chevys.
        Yup Little Al had his chance with Penske and was pretty tough to beat in 94-95-96. But its hard to blame Al for everything after that since that Penske machine was so bad. Notice how as soon as Penske wised up and ditched it, they went back to the front.

While a lot of people dont like Little Al and think he is washed up, those people are wrong. He has been in the top ten in points four years in a row with less than quality rides.

Comment

For whatever reason, the Kelley cars appear to be just totally lost this weekend. Its very disappointing.

Comment

I'm amazed they could miss the setup as badly as they have. AUJ has a ton of experience and the team has plenty of horsepower. Very strange.
            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

But not particularly surprising. Kelley Racing has traditionally struggled big time on handling tracks. They have some success on the pedal to the metal horsepower tracks (esp. Texas), but seem out to lunch almost without exception (Naz. 2002 being one), when a great handling car is required for victory.

As far as Unser struggling in qualifying, that has been going on since 1983, and I wouldn't be too concerned as a Little Al fan.

Comment

Maybe they slowed him down trying to keep him behind Scott!
                "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!! GREAT

Comment

Kelley has been in a tailspin since Texas...I doubt Al will be back next year...Why would he?

Comment

Originally posted by pandora
                      Kelley has been in a tailspin since Texas...I doubt Al will be back next year...Why would he?
                      He has to race for someone. He has his personal life cleaned up and has shown he can still win. Hopefully, he'll be with a team that can win next season. let's hope another great Indy car racer doesn't end up pushed aside by the ride buyers.
                      I know this will get the the Nut Cake Award from some, but anyway. If the Corteco money would go with him, I would like to see him go to A.J. Foyt racing as a teammate to A.J. IV with the Gen IV power and Owen Snyder for team manager/crew chief. With sponsorship to run the second team and some engineering help, I think the team would work. Al would be a great on track mentor for IV. And the name of Unser/Foyt would sound so good.

Comment

$noopy, you are right, I do think he will be back, just not at Kelley. Al could be leading the points this year if not for his team...IV does need mentoring outside his team, he is showing some improvement, imagine how much more he would show if he had some help from someone who is actually out there racing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora
                          $noopy, you are right, I do think he will be back, just not at Kelley. Al could be leading the points this year if not for his team...IV does need mentoring outside his team, he is showing some improvement, imagine how much more he would show if he had some help from someone who is actually out there racing with him.
                          Pan, That's what I meant. If they were teammates next year, Al would be a big help. For one, A.J. IV would probably look up to him and, secondly, A.J. probably respects Al enough to let him help.
                          Also, I don't want to discredit all of Al's team members. They have given him some really fast stops. Someone needs to learn when to call him in, that's all!:mad:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X