Sharp in the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp in the wall

Hit the wall in Turn 4. Towing it back to the garage now.

Rear wing gone.

Looks like he's OK.

Anyone have any idea how many times Sharp has wrecked since joining the IRL? I don't know the number, but I'm sure it's significantly more than whomever is next closest. Sharp can be fast, but you would think by now he would learn how to not wreck. He sure is an expensive driver for Kelley.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

If ya really want to know, Danny, this'll get you started:
      2002: 15 races, 1 win, wrecked in 2 races.
      2001: 13 races, 1 win, wrecked in 3 races.
      2000: 9 races, 1 win, wrecked in 0 races.
      1999: 11 races, 1 win, wrecked in 2 races.
      I didn't keep stats on wrecks prior to '99.
      A good source might be http://home.hiwaay.net/~cornutt/results.html
      I didn't keep stats on practice crashes so you'll have to find those.

Comment

I don't think Sharp wrecks that much; it's just that his wrecks are usually high-profile. You know, while sitting on pole, for example.
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

To get picky, does the wreck total only include the ones during races?

Comment

I didn't keep stats on practice crashes so you'll have to find those
            Make sure your question is not already answered ^^^^

Comment

Yep, Sharp put a wheel wrong again... lets have his head on a stick, shall we?

No driver has won more and earned less respect among the posters here as Scott Sharp has. Well, except maybe Greg Ray... but nobody slams on Ray too much anymore since he's no longer in a competitive ride.

IndyRacing.com's stats pages are infuriating (did you know Dan Wheldon dropped out at Indy due to "engine" failure?) and you'll never be able to find all the practice crash stats on drivers. But I thnk its a safe bet that Sharp crashes no more often than many of the leading drivers in IRL history, and less than some.

Scott Sharp is a fine driver, imo, a winner and past champion, and a credit to the IRL. He was with us from day one and I'm proud to say I'm fan of his.

Of course, he needs to learn to hold that line and keep and Barnhart off his back.
              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manson
                Yep, Sharp put a wheel wrong again... lets have his head on a stick, shall we?

No driver has won more and earned less respect among the posters here as Scott Sharp has. Well, except maybe Greg Ray... but nobody slams on Ray too much anymore since he's no longer in a competitive ride.

IndyRacing.com's stats pages are infuriating (did you know Dan Wheldon dropped out at Indy due to "engine" failure?) and you'll never be able to find all the practice crash stats on drivers. But I thnk its a safe bet that Sharp crashes no more often than many of the leading drivers in IRL history, and less than some.

Scott Sharp is a fine driver, imo, a winner and past champion, and a credit to the IRL. He was with us from day one and I'm proud to say I'm fan of his.

Of course, he needs to learn to hold that line and keep and Barnhart off his back.

Aloha Mackie, and Danny

Easier to throw stones, and I throw plenty... But thanks for Scott's IRL Records ,,, Impressive,,,, Really,,, If one looks at it.... Kind of, one for one, on the crash, win list... I think both of you may have valid points..

I just wonder,,,, if it's the way he runs, "Hair on Fire",,, might be one reason...... Better "Hair on Fire", than a lame duck... Of course, wasn't it Jaws II that was bad rapping Scott... Pretty easy to get on the "Wagon" with a lynch mob mentality...
                Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-10-2003, 01:00 AM.
                Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

But I thnk its a safe bet that Sharp crashes no more often than many of the leading drivers in IRL history, and less than some.
                  I'm too lazy to research this matter, but I'm putting my money down that you are wrong about this. How many times has Scott Sharp crashed in the final practice alone? Maybe someone from Dallara can comment on how tubs Kelley has had to repair/purchase.

Hey, I said the guy was fast and he has definitely won races, but it is possible to be fast and keep the car off the wall. That's how the really good one's do it.
                  "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X