The old car count thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old car count thread

When the new Chevford becomes available to all Chevy teams, will we see an increase in car count?
    Example, Eddie Cheever stating he'd race again if the car was competitive.
    Any others?
    "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
    -Norman Mailer-

PDM Racing and possibly a 2nd Panther car.
    If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

PDM will race about the last five events of the season, I expect Cheever to return. One or more team is one bad crash from being toast, look at those with only one car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
        PDM will race about the last five events of the season
        Maybe not quite that many. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Let's hope with used chassis, an election year economy, and hopefully some GM subsidized motors we can get this up to the 28 car range in 2004. 20 cars just isn't enough to be major league, I don't care what the Form 1 folks say.
          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
            Let's hope with used chassis, an election year economy, and hopefully some GM subsidized motors we can get this up to the 28 car range in 2004. 20 cars just isn't enough to be major league, I don't care what the Form 1 folks say.
            Twenty looks pretty crummy. The way things are going in F1, they'll be lucky to have 20.
            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
              Maybe not quite that many. . .
              Time flies, I wondered about that when I wrote it. Dang, I hate the off season at TF.

Comment

"But it's quality."
                Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

"But it's quality."

Absolutely...see Anthony and Shiggy...

Comment

I think it was a mistake to not allow the 2002 cars to run this year. You have to start somewhere, both drivers and teams, and more can give it a shot if they could do it for less. We'd have full fields and some great drivers running all this year if they could have run last years stuff. Sure, they might have been off the pace, but they would have been there, maybe got some air time, picked up some sponsorship and gotten a new chassis and been up front by now. It is just a shame to me that these guys get kicked in the nuts every three years, not everyone is a Ganassi or a Penske, but that shouldn't exclude them. It wouldn't be a fix all, and we'd probably get a few wankers too, but only starting 21 cars makes you look like a joke in front of new fans used to watching 43 start. Theres bound to be 30 cars from last year sitting around rotting with how many teams sitting around with nothing to do with them. To me indycar racing will always be about some guy trying to get his out dated s-box up to speed, the loyalty of that type of charachter isn't there anymore. The new guys are tweaking there shiney new equipment, and the true heros are planting flowers and last years, perfectly good tub.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy
                      I think it was a mistake to not allow the 2002 cars to run this year.
                      Ask Sam Schmidt what HE thinks about running old race cars when newer and safer ones are available.
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

ask Felipe, Airton, Gil....about racing the latest and greatest. Its dangerous no matter what, but all those guys know what they're getting into, and choose to do it anyway. If those cars were safe a year ago, what makes them dangerous now? I just don't like the system, and I don't have to.

I'm willing to bet Sam has no regrets, if he did he wouldn't helping more guys get they're shot in the IPS, s**t happens. He'd also probably be fielding a full indycar team if they could year old stuff. Obsoleting cars after one season is a waste.

I'll enjoy watching 21 cars take the green tomorrow, but there is a lot od guys that won't be there, and thats a shame.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X