X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever article

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I hadn't seen it here yet
    Nice article by Cheever here
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Now get in a car Eddie..............
    "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

Originally written by the highly articulate and mighty talented, but ohhhh does he have a temper, Eddie Cheever
      So why are we being told it isn't? I have my theories, and none of them are pretty. There is a clique of outspoken media members, some with rather large soap boxes, who are intent on turning positives into negatives. They've done this from the start of the IRL. Now that the series has become successful and c^rt is in its death throws (Special note to ESPN copy editors: You probably ought to learn the difference between 'throws' and 'throes,' the latter being the correct spelling in the context being used by Mr. Cheever) their shrill criticism gets louder.
      Ahhh, another reason why I'm glad Eddie Cheever is in the IRL. If he was a woman, I'd probably divorce my wife and ask him to marry me.

On the other hand, I think I was married to a female Eddie once, so maybe that's not such a hot idea.

Comment

There was a thread on this article, but I can't seem to find it. Eddie's yapping raised a few questions like:
        Would he be writing this if he wasn't getting his Chevy's for free?
        Where was his American flag all the years he was running Infiniti engines?

Comment

I started a thread about it yesterday, but can't find it anymore...
          All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

Eddie has said what most of us fans, and I use that word seriously, have been saying for weeks.

I can't wait to see Mr. Rice with a good engine. That young kid has not had a DNF since he came in this league!!!

Go Red Bull, Go Chevy, Go IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
              There was a thread on this article, but I can't seem to find it. Eddie's yapping raised a few questions like:
              Would he be writing this if he wasn't getting his Chevy's for free?
              Where was his American flag all the years he was running Infiniti engines?
              There are those of us who listen carefully to what Mr. Cheever has to say and don't consider it 'yapping.' As an Indy winner and a team owner and a former F-1 driver, I believe he has earned a bit of respect.

Comment

I enjoy Mr. Cheever's yapping!
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I think 'yapping' is a succinct one word description for Cheever's screed. In a certain other OW series 'on its death bed,' an engine builder wouldn't have to genuflect toward TG and BB to get permission to come up with something competitive. It would be taken for granted that a GM or a Honda would have been giving it their best to overcome their deficiencies.

Comment

One point Eddie made rather successfully is that the clowns who have attacked the IRL since the mid '90s are not afraid to spout off even when they do not know what they're talking about.

It's one thing to sit on the Internet or in a news room and spout off all knowingly. It's quite another to try and operate a successful racing team.

I believe Eddie.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X