Kentucky Crock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Crock

Just called the ticket office to order tickets for next Sunday. They are offering the 4/$99.00 for rows 1-10 but unlike last year, they are not offering a 4/$139.00 for rows 11-21. Tickets there are $45.00 per seat. Let's see, no coolers, jacked up beverage prices/food prices, b*tch to get out of the place unless you pay to park. Guess the TV is sounding better.

Dave
    "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

I wonder if that's because it's mostly sold out? Gee, what a nice problem to have.

I don't mind sitting in the traffic if they keep it moving and I have other diversions.

Comment

If it's anything like last year, buy the lower level seats and then just move up and out towards one of the turns. There was plenty of room at each end.

Comment

I doubt it it will be a sellout-they were predicting around 50,000. I should shut up, pay the cheap price and become a squatter.

Marketing people just slay me..

Dave
        "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

They should give the better seats away? They should just let you walk in and sit anywhere you please? The track has never made a dime. The IndyCar event is their premier event. The people in charge walk a fine line on ticket prices, they never know if they have gone too far until the week after the event. Sometimes less will bring more, sometimes they will leave money on the table. If they did wrong, perhaps the price you desire will be available next year.

It is nothing personal, just business.

Comment

Re: Kentucky Crock

Originally posted by diftw
            Guess the TV is sounding better.
            The TV route is never better.

BTW, isn't Kentucky Crock some sort of margarine??
            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56
                Is that a Kentucky accent???

"If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed

Dunno, but that's no Kentucky croc! He's got all of his teeth!
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

The past two years I have gotten the top row (I think it's 21) of the $45 seats. I think the price is fair. The cooler deal there is unfortunate. But, as I understand it, it's a state law. Water was hard to come by last year. At $3 a bottle, one would think they would stock up given the hot weather.

The part of their pricing methoodogy I don't understand is the Saturday IPS race. My brother and I are going down with our families for the weekend. He and I are going to the race on Sunday. We would love to take the kids to the track Saturday. It's a shorter and therefore more kid-friendly race. However, I just can't justify spending $30 per person regardless of age for an event that was part of the Sunday ticket last year and at Michigan.

Beans

Comment

Carry in large water bottles. Last year I took in two half gallon water bottles with no problem.

Tom Eidemiller
                      Knoxville TN
                      Please visit the tribute to my longtime friend Mel Kenyon

Comment

I've been the the first 3 and won't go back until they run it at night. It's the worst heat sink in motorsports and no breeze because of the hillside stand configuration plus no coolers.
                        I've emailed them all 3 years and complained.
                        So if the crowd is down again and I'm betting it will be, there's a good explanation why. Driving to Nashville wasn't much farther from Indy and a lot more pleasant to attend.
                        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

the running IPS on Saturday is really a bad deal. I was really looking forward to it at PPIR this year, but they ran Sat, and I couldn't make it. So on Sun. all we had was the indycars and then a crappy Mazda Miata, please stay while traffic clears a bit, parade. It was really nice having Silver Crown in 2002 so 2003 was a bummer, IPS really needs to run just before, or just after the big boys.

On the water, I always take a couple big bottles in a backpack, I would think most places wouls allow that. With as much water as I'll drink on a hot day at the track, $3 a bottle would add up to a fortune, and I would not attend a single race if that were the case. At that rate you don't need the seat, because sitting would hurt to much.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed

Does a southern Indiana accent count? Ha.... Tailgate before and/or after the race. Take what drinks you can with you inside. The prices are rather steep for us hicks. Yes, it's hot and yes, it's in a bowl, but there is not a bad seat in the house. Lots of liquids will help with the heat, and not just any liquids, either. This is a decent place to see a race that deserves a chance.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't hurt that this track is about as close to me as IMS.

Comment

OK-I shut my mouth, ordered my 5 tickets at $45.00 per and am ready to enjoy the weekend.

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X