F1 messing with TG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 messing with TG?

Just learned that the Canadian F1 race will not be run next year. Is F1 messing with Mr. Tony George and the IRL? The F1 race at Indy was moved up to I think, 3 weeks after the 500. The reason given was to make it easier to runs races in U.S. and Canada. If there was not going to be a Cadanian race, why move the U.S. race?

Re: F1 messing with TG?

Originally posted by NoviVespa
    Just learned that the Canadian F1 race will not be run next year. Is F1 messing with Mr. Tony George and the IRL? The F1 race at Indy was moved up to I think, 3 weeks after the 500. The reason given was to make it easier to runs races in U.S. and Canada. If there was not going to be a Cadanian race, why move the U.S. race?

Aloha Vespa Man,,,,

Boy,,, like Abbott and Costello, "Who's on First, What's on Second,,,

I think you got it,,, somethings up... And "Dont Call Me Shirley",,, but I "Shirley" don't see how this move, first will help attendance, for either race... Or for that matter, is it fan friendly ?

It's kind of a cheap shot by Bernicia,,, me thinks.... This might be a little payback, for all the IRL road course nonsense by Tony.... Na,,,, timing is just not right, or is it ???

I will eat my straw hat, on the yard of bricks, if the IRL runs one road course show in either 2004 or 2005... Unless it's in the IPS cars.... ( Please Note: I did make that a "Straw Hat" )

But moving this race, hurts,,, NO ??? Scheduling any race today, has got to be a challenge... Big Time,,,,

The neighbors Bar Mitzvahs Celerbration, for their gay daughter, Moon Landings, Cricket Finals, Al Gore Day, and the Annual Boy Scouts Birthday Mash... Let alone all the Stick and Ball dates, and then all the other racing venues... Tuff Scheduling ...

Use to be , Memoral Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day,,,
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

the 100,000 plus, formula 1 fanatics that would have attended the canadian grand prix are now going to be hunting for tickets to the closest grand prix. i'm thinking next year's US grand prix is going to be a sell-out.

weekend attendance at this year's canadian grand prix was over 300,000.
      Twitter: @ByrdRacing
      Facebook: facebook.com/jonathanbyrdsracing
      YouTube: youtube.jonathanbyrdsracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by D Byrd
        the 100,000 plus, formula 1 fanatics that would have attended the canadian grand prix are now going to be hunting for tickets to the closest grand prix. i'm thinking next year's US grand prix is going to be a sell-out.

weekend attendance at this year's canadian grand prix was over 300,000.
        Good observation, I think.
        "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

F1 pulled the plug on the Canadian GP because of the anti-tobacco laws. It has nothing to do with TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            F1 pulled the plug on the Canadian GP because of the tobacco laws. F1 doesn't need Canada.

...well that's the story that F1 wants us to believe anyway.

In the long run, like evrything else in F1, it's about money.

Sure didn't take Belgium long to rescind their anti-tobacco law and get Spa back on the schedule.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

So, there isn't going to be a CGP next year, all the more reason that F1, in trouble for North American venues, should have to take a TG ultimatum to run my date or don't run at all. I must conclude that George likes the new date, it fulfills the 5-year contract and he can close out the IMS season the first week in August. Then perhaps the paving equipment can be moved in for a long overdue re-pave. Lights cam be installed so that the BY becomes a Saturday evening event and they can get the heavy NASCAR cars of the hot pavement of the daytime, where they do nothing but harm the racing surface.

Comment

Repave the track? There's nothing wrong with it. The Cup cars
                aren't damaging the surface. Lights? For one race a year? Not going to happen.

Comment

Is this true? I had not heard about it, is it official?

Comment

The question is......Why was the USGP date moved?
                    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                      Repave the track? There's nothing wrong with it. The Cup cars
                      aren't damaging the surface. Lights? For one race a year? Not going to happen.
                      The he!! they aren't, I was there one hot afternoon where they peeled the surface. The "grooving" was partly because of that and is a pre paving measure. The grooves are being worn down now, part of the reason that about a dozen WC cars were over the track record where they have rarely done that anywhere else this year. A re-pave is my opinion, we will wait and see, lighting is a guess, a "shot in the dark." A re-pave has to be done early, for cure time before it gets too cold, early August would fit.

Comment

I ran into a guy who swore to me that the date will change in 04 and the location will change in 05. Watch for the USGP to be held at Laguna Seca in 05.
                        I can't back that up with anything. Just a rumor.
                        If you were hiring a CEO for IMS in 1990 would you have hired Tony George?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo
                          I ran into a guy who swore to me that the date will change in 04 and the location will change in 05. Watch for the USGP to be held at Laguna Seca in 05.
                          One of the least likely venues in the US to ever have a sniff of an F1 date.
                          Literally EVERYTHING is wrong with Laguna...ammenities,access,track width,safety,cache,crowd,.......need I go on?
                          ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo
                            Absolutely NO WAY.

It is official that the Canadian GP is off the calendar.

I'll bet this does NOT mean a sellout of the USGP next year. Just a hunch.

Comment

Laguna is that a joke? F1 would be more likely to run the Daytona oval then Laguna Seca.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X