Cheever's helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever's helmet

the Indianapolis Star reports that Eddie will wear a black helmet at Gateway this weekend. Apparently his father designed the red, white & blue stars helmet, and Eddie is honoring his father who passed away this past week.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Sorry to hear that. His dad definately knew what he was doing designing that helmet. Of all, it looks the best IMO. Especially when the car is painted to match.
    Preserving America's oval track tradition:
    1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Leave it to cheever to do something understated, yet meaningful.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I wonder if Cheever is going to wear an all black helmet or use the basic design of his helmet but in black....

Cheever's helmet design has that classic look to it. Even though it's simple... it's one of the better designs out there.

BAR F-1 test driver Anthony Davidson uses the same design as well... and I believe Ross Cheever does also.

Comment

plain, simple, basic . . . black

Comment

Originally posted by gilbert:
            <STRONG>Cheever's helmet design has that classic look to it. Even though it's simple... it's one of the better designs out there.

BAR F-1 test driver Anthony Davidson uses the same design as well... and I believe Ross Cheever does also.
            </STRONG>
            I agree. Knowing where Ed Sr. got the idea behind his design, I wonder what Anthony Davidson's ties to Arizona are...?

Comment

Not sure what you meant Crispy, but AD is 23 years old. He somewhat used the same design Eddie uses; I don't know that he took the design from Eddie or not, but Eddie definitely didn't take it from Anthony.
              I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry

Comment

Originally posted by cps:
                <STRONG>Not sure what you meant Crispy, but AD is 23 years old. He somewhat used the same design Eddie uses; I don't know that he took the design from Eddie or not, but Eddie definitely didn't take it from Anthony.</STRONG>
                In a Speedvision interview with Peter Windsor prior to Hungary, the specific topic was discussed, and Anthony said he and his dad did indeed crib the idea from Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by theunions:
                  <STRONG>

In a Speedvision interview with Peter Windsor prior to Hungary, the specific topic was discussed, and Anthony said he and his dad did indeed crib the idea from Eddie.</STRONG>
                  Thanks. That was my understanding as well, but I didn't have the reference to back it up.
                  I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . - Antoine de St-Exupéry

Comment

Originally posted by cps:
                    <STRONG>Not sure what you meant Crispy, but AD is 23 years old.</STRONG>
                    Eddie's helmet is based on the Arizona flag. Ross' helmet had a star, but was mainly black with a red hoop from the visor backwards and underneath.
                    "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Thanks ensign, I appreciate knowing.

Comment

It is just plain ole' black, I was wondering why when I saw him this morning at practice...now I know.

Comment

My father is from Cheever's father's home town, and when I told my father of his father's passing, he was saddened by the news. Miami-Globe, Arizona mourns the loss of Eddie Cheever, Sr.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X