semi OT - poor [email protected]#$&

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semi OT - poor [email protected]#$&

so I'm sitting downstairs in the cafeteria eating my pasta and reading last weeks Auto week when I overhear a guy two tables over start talking about a track with a golf course inside of it. Piqued my interest, so I turned on eavesdrop-mode.

Four people at the table, two guys, two women. The loud guy is trying to explain to one of the women about racing in particular Formula 1. He tries to make some headway explaining that F1 and Grand Prix are synonyms, then confuses the issue by bringing up FIA...

Her next question, "Are these the ones that race on the streets?"

He launches off into the whole road vs. street course paradigm, yakking about Hockenheim and Silverstone, Monza while she sits bewildered.

Her next question hits him right where he lives, "Is it like NASCAR?" "It's anything but NASCAR!" he states indignantly. "If comparable to anything, it's like the Indy cars, you know open-wheel racing".

He then launches off into lighter weight, powerful engines and brakes, yadda, yadda, yadda. I couldn't take it any more. I had to leave...

Did he get her number?
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Re: semi OT - poor [email protected]#$&

Originally posted by akhindallas
      so I'm sitting downstairs in the cafeteria eating my pasta and reading last weeks Auto week when I overhear a guy two tables over start talking about a track with a golf course inside of it. Piqued my interest, so I turned on eavesdrop-mode.

Four people at the table, two guys, two women. The loud guy is trying to explain to one of the women about racing in particular Formula 1. He tries to make some headway explaining that F1 and Grand Prix are synonyms, then confuses the issue by bringing up FIA...

Her next question, "Are these the ones that race on the streets?"

He launches off into the whole road vs. street course paradigm, yakking about Hockenheim and Silverstone, Monza while she sits bewildered.

Her next question hits him right where he lives, "Is it like NASCAR?" "It's anything but NASCAR!" he states indignantly. "If comparable to anything, it's like the Indy cars, you know open-wheel racing".

He then launches off into lighter weight, powerful engines and brakes, yadda, yadda, yadda. I couldn't take it any more. I had to leave...
      He'll be sitting next to you at TMS in September...

Comment

"Dumb and Dumber"
        ...---...

Comment

And reliving July 8, 1984.

Comment

Re: Re: semi OT - poor [email protected]#$&

Originally posted by Ganassifan

Aloha Ganassifan,,,

That's One of The Big Ones,,, that was funny, true, and oh so sad.... LOL

Bingo,,,, LOL

I just wonder if he got to plug that old plow horse, after all the effort...

Funny stuff,,, Ganassi Fan...
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X