Summary of all NA OW rumors as of 8/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary of all NA OW rumors as of 8/6

after reading all the stuff on a number of OW forums seems like this is whats coming at us... I know it's all conjecture, but it's interesting....
    1. IRL to Milwaukee.... will happen / done deal
    2. IRL to run 18 -20 races in 04 or 05 including RA, MO and WG possible that LB and Toronto could be considered if CART is no longer in business
    3. CART in 2004 needs $40 -$60 million to complete season, indications are that they will be down to 14 races, some smaller teams could bail, could be less than 14/16 cars, is there a white knight willing to ante up $60 - $ 80 million per year for next 3 years, thats a big investment....
    4. RP / TG / BF could block or raise the bid if someone tries to buy CART...

5. Stewart to Ganassi:

"Sources have confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that Ganassi's contract offer is for 2005 and beyond. If such a deal were to be reached now, it would present several possible scenarios for 2004. Stewart could drive for Gibbs in the final year of his contract. He could be allowed to leave and drive for Ganassi in 2004 while Gibbs finds another driver. Or, Stewart could be replaced at Gibbs, but be contractually prevented from driving in Winston Cup for another team. That, theoretically at least, could send him back to the IndyCar Series or to another form of competition for 2004."
    That's Racin'

Comment

Mid-Ohio has repeatedly denied having any contact with the IRL about a race there.

The owner was quoted in the Mansfield newspaper as recently as this week:

As for speculation IRL will take CART's place on the Mid-Ohio schedule, Trueman Gajoch said she hasn't talked to IRL's Tony George and any other IRL official.

"I have no doubt they are going to go road racing. We have made no plans to go road racing with the IRL," she said.

Does she expect to get a phone call from Indianapolis next Monday?

"No, that's not his style," she said.
      LINK
      Last edited by SPM; 08-07-2003, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dironstarr
        That, theoretically at least, could send him back to the IndyCar Series or to another form of competition for 2004."
        Now THAT would be interesting!
        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

some very senior CART employee got fired or resigned in last couple of days, who could that be.......??? and Bernie is not part of the buyout group.....

Comment

5. Stewart to Ganassi That, theoretically at least, could send him back to the IndyCar Series or to another form of competition for 2004."
            That's Racin'
            Latest Rumor: Tony Stewart is going to sign with Chip Ganassi for 2005 in NASCAR and the Indy 500. Not allowed to run NASCAR in 2004 since he's getting the boot by Gibbs, Tony says he'll be running in the NHRA next season. He's figuring to win Top Fuel and Funny Car title in the same year, retire from drag racing , and return to NASCAR in 2005.
            "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

according to Eddie Cheever CART is in it's "death throws"

and now that F1 won't be racing in Montreal and CART will be history will the IRL be racing in Canada....I hope so...

Comment

hot rumor from *** "CART on brink of extinction" were will there teams go, what about there races.... who will join the IRL which teams won't.. my guess who will join..

Fernandez
                Haas

whats going to happen to Forsythe, Walker, Johannson, Coyne

Comment

Originally posted by Indianapolis500

Guess he found out I bought stock in CART

See biz/splitsville forum for more info

Comment

hot rumor from *** "CART on brink of extinction" were will there teams go, what about there races.... who will join the IRL which teams won't.. my guess who will join..

Fernandez
                    Haas

whats going to happen to Forsythe, Walker, Johannson, Coyne
                    My guess is that Walker, Johannson, and Coyne probably wouldn't have been running CART this year if not for the handout from CART. Probably none of these willbe back if they can't sell the rides to somebody.
                    Forsythe can buy another twenty cars and go somewhere and race with himself. I won! I won!

Comment

Eddie was much more glib when he was driving. I believe it's "throes"

Here's something to stir the pot. If CART does expire (or DIE as some like to rave ), and some of these teams migrate to the IRL, will they get preference from Honda or Toyota, or even Ford (should they decide they want the Chevworth/Chord) vs existing or revived IRL ops?
                      Last edited by Shadow101; 08-08-2003, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Even though I really like a couple of the current CART teams, I'd rather see some of the "traditional" IRL teams make a comeback, with second-hand chassis and Gen IV's, than have a bunch of the CART teams come over.

This is, of course, provided that they come back with quality drivers and not dollar-carrying backmarkers. If the later is the only option for them, bring on a CART team.
                        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
                          Even though I really like a couple of the current CART teams, I'd rather see some of the "traditional" IRL teams make a comeback, with second-hand chassis and Gen IV's, than have a bunch of the CART teams come over.

This is, of course, provided that they come back with quality drivers and not dollar-carrying backmarkers. If the later is the only option for them, bring on a CART team.
                          blue, You mean "bring on a CART team" with it's dollar-carrying backmarker?

Comment

5. Stewart to Ganassi:

"Sources have confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that Ganassi's contract offer is for 2005 and beyond. If such a deal were to be reached now, it would present several possible scenarios for 2004. Stewart could drive for Gibbs in the final year of his contract. He could be allowed to leave and drive for Ganassi in 2004 while Gibbs finds another driver. Or, Stewart could be replaced at Gibbs, but be contractually prevented from driving in Winston Cup for another team. That, theoretically at least, could send him back to the IndyCar Series or to another form of competition for 2004."
                            That's Racin'
                            What BlueStang said.
                            "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X