Trackforum get together at Gateway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackforum get together at Gateway?

Is there going to be a get together at Gateway this weekend? How 'bout Saturday night, is there racing anywhere within reasonable driving distance?

Tri City Speedway in Granite City, just up the road about 20 minutes. Last year the USAC midgets were there, but they are running Belleville this weekend.

PsychoBillyCRX is the man that runs the place, mebbe he'll see this and let us know what's on the schedule for the weekend......

Comment

Best bets:

Tri-City is close but its weekly show, is just that, weak.

Pevely, I-55 raceway, has a pretty good late model show Saturday night. 3/8 mile and high banked. Cross the Poplar Street Bridge and go south for about 25 minutes and you're there.

One more option: about an hour or hour + 15, you can get to Farmington which runs 410 winged sprints, usually enough cars for three heats.
      "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Tri City Speedway is running our weekly show. However, I wouldn't call our program weak. Myself, not being a big "fender car" fan, we started a 600 minisprint class to add some spice for the open wheeled fans. The minisprint fields have been between 10-32 cars, quite a roller coaster ride.
        I will try to get trackforum members a Buy One Get One Free Deal for saturday... I'll let you all know.
        thanks,
        Billy Molkenbur

Comment

No offense BroncoBilly... just a preference thing...I have a lot of good memories of special events at Tri-City
          "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBilly84
            Tri City Speedway is running our weekly show. However, I wouldn't call our program weak. Myself, not being a big "fender car" fan, we started a 600 minisprint class to add some spice for the open wheeled fans. The minisprint fields have been between 10-32 cars, quite a roller coaster ride.
            I will try to get trackforum members a Buy One Get One Free Deal for saturday... I'll let you all know.
            thanks,
            Billy Molkenbur
            That would be cool since my friend is running the minisprint class. I have never seen her race and can not wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost
              Best bets:

Tri-City is close but its weekly show, is just that, weak.

Pevely, I-55 raceway, has a pretty good late model show Saturday night. 3/8 mile and high banked. Cross the Poplar Street Bridge and go south for about 25 minutes and you're there.

One more option: about an hour or hour + 15, you can get to Farmington which runs 410 winged sprints, usually enough cars for three heats.
              I'm always interested in seeing new tracks and I've been
              to Tri-City and I-55. I called Farmington, MO, the St.
              Francis County Raceway, and they're having $5
              grandstand night. Mapquest shows a 90 minute ride,
              south on I-55 and then Hwy 67 South.

(573) 756-9248
              Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Comment

Hi Racers,
                Here is the deal, come to Granite (Tri City Speedway) tonight, tell the ticket girl you are with trackforum.com and get $2.00 off admission. Also, If you don't mind we would like to have your email address, to keep you up on our special events.
                If you come out try to sit in section AA so I can meet all of you.
                thanks,
                Billy Molkenbur

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X