Milwaukee- July 22-25th, 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee- July 22-25th, 2004

From the IRL website. It is official. Good to see them back there.

Yep!
    Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Re: Milwaukee- July 22-25th, 2004

Originally posted by CAK
      From the IRL website. It is official. Good to see them back there.
      Back there?

Comment

C*A*W*G*N.com and Seventhgear must be in meltdown mode over this news.

Comment

Re: Re: Milwaukee- July 22-25th, 2004

Originally posted by LeaderCardFan
          Back there?
          We know what you mean..............
          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Here is the story at RPM.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0806/1591379.html

Comment

Obviously the schedule is going to start to shift in alot of directions with Milwaukee the first domino affecting the "traditional" (albeit only two years old) Michigan IRL date.

At MIS the IRL has usually run with the trucks. Will the trucks be willing to adjust thier schedule to the new IRL date when it is chosen? I hope so. Maybe the Crown guys will want to run @ MIS with us.

This announcement just gets my wheels turning a bit. Trying to imagine when the 2004 MIs would shift to etc.

If the stated optimum race count is at 20, the ovals would need to stay at 16 to pick up 4 true road courses. By numbers, Milwaukee assumably will pick up the count once St. Louis (rumored) goes away. Geez, I still wish Vegas had been worked out.

I do not envy those trying to juggle a new schedule out.
              Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

As far as the race count being 20 and adding up to four rr's. that will nothappen at least until 2005 IMHO.

It's great to see the IndyCars return to Milwaukee (take that C^RT fans)

However, I maintain that there should be a 24 race schedule: 20 ovals and 4 rr's or 21 ovals and 3 rr's.
                RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

How about installing SAFER at Milwaukee?

How about installing SAFER at Milwaukee?

I'd hate to be in a spridget with a stuck throttle there.
                  http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

With all the talk of this during the last few seasons, it is good to see "The Mile" on the IndyCar schedule. If CART is around next year, it will be interesting to see how the racing and lap times compare. IndyCar will have a better race but CART could have faster laps. Don't know what the difference in straightaway/corner speed will make the lap times shake out to be.

Anyway, glad to see it.
                    The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Fontana, Michigan , and Gateway have been poor ( gatewise) maybe fourth time is a charm..

Comment

I think Milwaukee will do very well when it comes to attendence. From what I have heard on TF, lots of members will be going. Add this to the race fans in WI and that place could sell out.
                        The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                          I think Milwaukee will do very well when it comes to attendence. From what I have heard on TF, lots of members will be going. Add this to the race fans in WI and that place could sell out.
                          No kidding. The place was 2/3 full for CART and CART has even more foreign road racers than the IRL does!
                          - Make a note of the word 'Gobbly-gook'. I like it and I want to use it more often in conversation.
                          --Yes, sir.

Comment

My main concern is the Pre-Indy part of the schedule. Only once have we seen more than 3 races before Indy (2002) and that was due to a late addition to the schedule (Fontana).

IMO, the IRL cannot only have 3 Pre-Indy races and expect to get winter time racing starved fans interested in the IRL. Three weeks is too long of a gap in between races.

Considering that Vegas was not added and they may not go back to Homestead where is the IRL gonna race Pre-Indy? Phoenix & Motegi only?
                            Will Fontana move back to spring with the labor day Cup race being there?
                            Will Nazareth move back to spring?
                            Long Beach is in April though....

This is the part of the schedule that needs work, not the summer months. We all know the IRL season only really kicks into gear from Indy on.

Maybe they should open the season with Indy and run through the end of November? No worries about accidents hurting car counts for Indy and after. (This is asked with a bit of sarcasm).
                            Last edited by dironstarr; 08-07-2003, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                              That will be very difficult. With the new stands, the track can hold well over 50,000 (with infield). The CART night race only filled half of the stands at best. The weekend that the IRL chose is a great one though. tAlthough it will not coincide with the Wisconsin State Fair, there is usually a ton of things happening that weekend. If the IRL/Mile promotes this race in Milwaukee/Wisconsin AND Chicago, they will draw a better crowd.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X